Teacher machines moving from 10.13 to 10.14.5. Do I need to erase the in order to get the EDU profile installed?

catesr
Contributor

Hello. My situation is that last year we received close to 200 2017 MBA's for our teachers. These were running High Sierra at the time which. We then waited until JSS v10.12 and Mac OS 10.14.5 so we could begin using Apple Classroom. However at the moment we cannot get the EDU profile installed on these bad boys after doing a simple upgrade to these machines. If I wipe a machine and then start the install process etc the staff member receives the profile but a simple upgrade we cannot. We are now doing the same with our student computers (wiping them and starting from scratch) and the EDU profile installs just fine. Do you think I need to wipe those staff computers handed out earlier this past school year in order to get it?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

cpresnall
Contributor

If the teacher systems are enrolled in Jamf, then you could use the solution we do to fix profiles stuck at pending. We have a policy scoped to a static group and add the effected system to run the command once and then they are good to go.

status=$(jamf removemdmprofile && jamf mdm);echo $status;

I run it this way so that we get the full output of the process in the policy log and can check back if one should fail. Failures usually happen only with a non-removable MDM setting though.