TeamViewer Deployment

bmichael
New Contributor III

I am able to deploy TeamViewer and assign it for easy access, etc. However with Mojave and Catalina to be able to use the program manually I have to go to system preference – security & privacy – accessibility and check box to allow the teamviewer app to control your computer. Is there a way I can push that setting through JAMF?

13 REPLIES 13

jacob_evans
New Contributor II

I think you can do this with the PPPC utility.

https://github.com/jamf/PPPC-Utility

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, Cheers.

bmichael
New Contributor III

I created the mobileconfig, uploaded to jamf and scoped to my device. It shows up in the profiles installed on the Mac but the checkbox in security & privacy - accessibility is still unchecked. I am testing on the most recent beta of Catalina. Idk if that makes a difference or not using that PPPC utility.

ThijsX
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@bmichael In the UI you won't see checkboxes checked when deployed through MDM.

SureExclamation
New Contributor III

DELETE

gduncan_mbo
New Contributor II

Hi All, I am having trouble with this as well. I have TeamViewer deployed, my config profile to allow Accessibilities and Full Disk works but I am unable to start the App remotely; and I can only assign the App after it has been started with a separate script. Does anyone have a better dumbed-down workflow that is known to work?

mconners
Valued Contributor

Did anyone get this working for TeamViewer?

brandon_-_autob
New Contributor III

Can i ask how you managed to deploy with easy access? Currently i have it setup with TV Host... and its a pain to have to ask for ID and Password...

user-HwgZFomEzX
New Contributor II

Better late than never. An easy way is to do this afterwards via a script.
You can create a Dynamic Group and only point to devices that have TeamViewer installed.

sudo /Applications/TeamViewerHost.app/Contents/Helpers/TeamViewer_Assignment -api-token 123456789-ABC-alias $(hostname -s) -group "Macs" -grant-easy-access

ZG-Banks
New Contributor II

@user-HwgZFomEzX Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what does the "-api-token 123456789-ABC-alias $(hostname -s)" mean or where would I get the "-api-token" information from?

user-HwgZFomEzX
New Contributor II

@ZG-Banks If you have a licence you can build/create/download preconfigured Installers to assign the client directly to your company account while installing. After creating such a preconfigured Installer you have access to that token within the TeamViewer Management Console under "Design & Deploy".

TeamViewer Portal

This token comes in handy for renaming the alias as shown above.

bmack99
Contributor III

Can anyone tell me the correct code requirement for Teamviewer 15 Host? When utilizing what TV has in this article: https://community.teamviewer.com/English/kb/articles/63927-add-teamviewer-apps-to-macos-mojave-accessibility-with-mobile-iron the config profile fails to install.

anchor apple generic and identifier "com.teamviewer.TeamViewerHost" and (certificate leaf[field.1.2.840.113635.100.6.1.9] /* exists */ or certificate 1[field.1.2.840.113635.100.6.2.6] /* exists */ and certificate leaf[field.1.2.840.113635.100.6.1.13] /* exists */ and certificate leaf[subject.OU] = H7UGFBUGV6)

BookMac
Contributor

I have an other issue with the deployed TeamViewer Quick Support. We get a Eula Screen at the first start on the macbooks. Is there a way to accept the Eula screen in the background?

Cheers

user-HwgZFomEzX
New Contributor II

@brianmcbride99 this is my Configuration, works for me and seems to be the same.

anchor apple generic and identifier "com.teamviewer.TeamViewerHost" and (certificate leaf[field.1.2.840.113635.100.6.1.9] /* exists */ or certificate 1[field.1.2.840.113635.100.6.2.6] /* exists */ and certificate leaf[field.1.2.840.113635.100.6.1.13] /* exists */ and certificate leaf[subject.OU] = H7UGFBUGV6)

Just use the PPPC Tool, it will take care of it. Are you on Big Sur only? Do you have some Screenshots?