TeamViewer - Integration - Remote Administration

Kingfisher678
New Contributor II

I can create the Access Token in TeamViewer but not get it to apply in Remote Administration.

TeamViewer Token Info provided by the token

Client ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Client secret: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Everything else is completed except for this one portion in Jamf. I have tried putting the service account per Teamviewer

Jamf Remote Administration Available Fields
Display Name (Display name of the remote administration configuration):
Script Token (Script token from TeamViewer):
Maximum Session Time:

Error in Global Management > Remote Administration
Invalid script token: The remote administration validation for the given script token has failed

Guide and Steps

TeamViewer Integration - Jamf Pro Administrator's Guide | Jamf 
https://docs.jamf.com/10.31.0/jamf-pro/administrator-guide/TeamViewer_Integration.html

Steps - Adding a New TeamViewer Configuration

1. In Jamf, click Remote Administration 

2. Click New.

• The configuration is site specific. If your environment includes sites and you are logged in as a Jamf Pro Site full administrator, you must select a site for your configuration or add a configuration in the full context of your Jamf Pro instance. For site administrators, the site is automatically assigned.

• The Maximum Session Time setting allows you to control the session duration. It defaults to 15 minutes with a minimum value of 1 minute and a maximum value of 1440 minutes. It is recommended to use the minimum value greater than 5 minutes. Meetings started during a session are not terminated when the session times out.

3. Click Complete.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Kingfisher678
New Contributor II

Found what I needed to do. The following link is not easy to find but once once you get there, you can create a Script Token and set the requirements. Simplying clicking the Apps at the bottom will give you a mobile version that unfortunately was the crux of my problem. The TeamViewer instructions do say to go to Profile Settings but I could not easily find it and the Apps link only gave you the option to Create Script Token once there. Otherwise only the Create App shows up. 

https://login.teamviewer.com/nav/profile/apps

TeamViewer Remote Script Token.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Kingfisher678
New Contributor II

Found what I needed to do. The following link is not easy to find but once once you get there, you can create a Script Token and set the requirements. Simplying clicking the Apps at the bottom will give you a mobile version that unfortunately was the crux of my problem. The TeamViewer instructions do say to go to Profile Settings but I could not easily find it and the Apps link only gave you the option to Create Script Token once there. Otherwise only the Create App shows up. 

https://login.teamviewer.com/nav/profile/apps

TeamViewer Remote Script Token.png

jbutler47
Contributor II

Still seeing an issue, followed all steps and created the app. When plugging the info in Jamf Pro, still getting the Invalid Script Token error.  Not sure what to make of it.  Has anyone come across this?

Screen Shot 2021-08-31 at 2.50.18 PM.png

druocco
New Contributor III

This same thing happened to me when I attempted to copy/paste from the teamviewer console to Jamf.

It worked when I copied the token to a plaintext file and then copy/pasted from that to Jamf. 

jbutler47
Contributor II

As a follow-up to my earlier post, the solution was rather keen.  Depending on your browser and settings, when viewing the user's profile and then selecting Apps, to the right if you do not see the Create Script Token then you need to scroll down the frame to find the button.  Too often users, like me, don't see it, give up, and go at from outside the user profile area, which happens to be a no-no.  I laughed at myself like I do. The tech from TeamViewer had a good laugh as well, though realized the button should probably be placed better.  Lesson: Don't take anything of face value until you scroll down a bit. 

jkf
New Contributor III

@jbutler47solved part of my problem, @Kingfisher678 got another part, and there's another critical bit I found, that I'm documenting here:

The token is generated from the link above (https://login.teamviewer.com/nav/profile/apps), and you do have to scroll down "off" the page to see the "create script token" button. That gets you the token you need.

What DOESN'T get you the token you need is the other location in TeamViewer where you can generate a token. Don't make my mistake of going to the TeamViewer ACCOUNT -> Administer -> Apps -> Generate Token (see image below). For me, this generated a token that was consistently rejected by Jamf. When I followed the instructions above, I got a Token that Jamf accepted (then confirmed that the "wrong" token also existed).

wrong_path-2.png

Mohamad
New Contributor II

@jbutler47 important to choose only the permission like in this guide  https://community.teamviewer.com/English/kb/articles/108810-jamf-pro-integration-installation-and-us...

It's work now :)