Terminated Remote employees need file access

erichughes
Contributor II

My company has recently had to furlough, lay off, terminate (whatever you want to call it) some remote employees with company hardware. Some of those employees had personal data on those company computers. We have locked the computers via Jamf passcode lock. Any ideas how allow the users to login and copy their files. My plan currently is to script making the home folder read only put that in a policy, get the user to join a wireless network from the lock screen, wait for the Policy to run, give the unlock code, let the user login and copy data, then re-lock the computer. Probably also need to prohibit some software like web browsers and Outlook. Usually we are able to recover hardware and have users in out office to monitor data copying, but currently that is not a option. I do appreciate any pointers. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@erichughes Have you verified that a Mac on the lock screen has the Jamf agent running to execute a policy? I haven't tried myself, but if the recovery partition is what's running at that point you're not going to be able to run any policies.

erichughes
Contributor II

Even though it is connected to the network at the lock screen and responds to a ping, it doesn't check in to Jamf or do much else. So I'm thinking the Policy would have to be run at login.