Testing Faulty iOS Devices

Novak3
New Contributor

Hi everyone,

I just want to get some other opinions and other views of how others are managing and testing/checking for faults of previously used and/or returned iOS devices.

I find it some times challenging to re-create an issues that a user was experiencing while they had the device, in which makes it difficult to validly conclude if the device is in fact defective or not defective; therefore, I'm looking for ways to improve on efficiency and simplify processes.

I'm looking to see if there is a Diagnostics Software of iOS devices that will evaluate the integrity of all of the following:
battery performance,
senors,
antennas, speakers/mics,
temperature monitoring, and etc.

---I understand I can take these devices to the "Apple Genius Bar", however, this is not a practical solution for my volume.
---I'm aware of Apple GSX and the Apple "Authorized Service Provider Program" and the benefit of "Access to comprehensive product, repair, service, take-apart, troubleshooting, and upgrade information, plus on-the-spot technical support available for certified technicians". IF anyone knows details of useful tools they offer, feel free to share details and your actual experience.

I may be pushing the envelope too far, but it would be great to see if such a software can be installed on the Apple Configurator, hook up several potentially defective iOS devices and let it scan them simultaneously.

If you made it this far, thanks for reading, and I appreciate your opinions and expertise. Thank you!!

2 REPLIES 2

walt
Contributor III

In a previous role, we relied on GSX to send diagnostic tests to devices and that worked out fine. That is only reliable tool that I'm aware of that is on par with the Genius bar.

bburdeaux
Contributor II

Depending on your volume of devices, I would definitely recommend looking into using GSX, if you're willing/able to get someone their ACMT cert. As part of GSX access, you can get access to their online diagnostic tool Apple Service Toolkit 2. This allows you to run wireless diagnostics on newer MacOS devices, as well as any iOS 9+ devices.