The new Self Service for macOS - Take the polls and discuss here!

davidhiggs
Contributor III

When Jamf updated the Self Service for macOS app in Jamf Pro 10.27, I had really hoped it would fix some of the design and functionality problems that I’ve experienced since 10.0. It seems many share my disappointment, but I really want to see some real data on what people think of it. Maybe Jamf will take note if we run some polls, so I created a bunch of them below - please vote!

I’ve purposely left out branding and design as these are more subjective and hard poll on, so this is more about functionality and user experience. But feel free to discuss other Self Service feedback below.

Do you like the look of Self Service 10.27+ in general?

How do you use Self Service Notifications?

Would you use Self Service Notifications more if they disappeared after specified time period?

Do you value seeing failed items in Self Service Notifications?

Do you use Patch Management and Patch Policies

Would you prefer Patches to appear in their own section, rather than the Notifications section?

What should the badge number count represent for the Self Service icon on the dock?

Do you think the badge count should updated when the Self Service app is closed?

Would you like Self Service to have a seperate Support section in the side bar?

Would you like Self Service to have a seperate Bookmarks section?

4 REPLIES 4

hepvd
Contributor

I wish there was a Separate Support Section which is password protected.

Alyoung
New Contributor III

Following this post. Submitted all of my votes and am interested in this comes to Jamf’s radar and they reply.

davidhiggs
Contributor III

Some very good insights have been collected so far, most notably voters are unanimous on the following:

Would you prefer Patches to appear in their own section, rather than the Notifications section? 93% say YES
Do you think the badge count should updated when the Self Service app is closed? 94% say YES
Would you like Self Service to have a seperate Support section in the side bar? 88% say YES
Would you like Self Service to have a seperate Bookmarks section? 100% say YES

elsmith
Contributor

Maybe I'm interpreting the whole "notification" portion incorrectly, but it would be really nice if you actually got a notification in the OS notification window that told the user there was something they needed to do/see in Self Service.