The results of this policy were not logged at the time of execution.

arschebl
New Contributor

What does this error mean? The policy has "make available offline" checked - is that my problem?

It's a script policy that i need to run whether the jamf binary can reach the JSS or not, but i also need the output of that script returned to me. Is this not possible with the configuration i've made?

4 REPLIES 4

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

@arschebl is the binary cannot contact the JSS, how will it log at the time of execution?

That message is basically saying "oh I did this, but could not contact the JSS to submit the log at that time... But here's the log of what I did"

arschebl
New Contributor

I had hoped that it would be a store and forward methodology - where the script is executed, the results are stored locally, and then updated later when contact to JSS is obtained (next check-in, etc.). I'll go ahead and rework my script to write to disk, then i'll pick it up later in another policy.

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

It does upload the log(s), but not on a check-in that I know of. It should happen on a recon though. The logs that aren't uploaded at execution time get stored in /Library/Application Support/JAMF/logs/ At next inventory collection, the jamf binary sees them there and uploads them to the JSS, along with anything else that needs to be uploaded.

bpavlov
Honored Contributor

I've seen this as well. It's definitely misleading because it results in a failed policy log for that computer when it actually completes. I've created a Feature Request so that it can hopefully be changed to properly reflect that it completed.

https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/featureRequest.html?id=4826