Tips on a mass un-enroll and re-enroll strategy?

Lame33
New Contributor

Based on this response, it looks like we are not in a good place. https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=6806

We put in a global proxy with LightSpeed and while internet works, it blocks access to Casper and nobody knows why. So our iPads still get internet, but casper can't see them. Not good with ~500 students.

So if we can't get them to talk, we need to start over.

Any tips on a good mass un-enroll (manually)and re-enroll strategy (remotely)?

12 REPLIES 12

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

There are a few ports that need to be open for MDM & then a few others for Casper too.

When you say you Casper cannot see the iPads.. Is this recon or our no profiles being delivered?

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

Sorry I read the earlier post.

So you deployed a profile that broke JSS connectivity to the devices?

Is the profile removable on the iPads? (I set all of mine to be removable with a password just incase).

Is the proxy information correct? Just the routing off?

Nick_Gooch
Contributor III

We are working on getting Lightspeed proxy set up as well. We get the proxy working but lose connection to the JSS. I think our issue has to do with our JSS not having a FQDN. I am seeing what I can do to fix that without having to re-enroll all devices. Luckily I tested on one device before I pushed it to all of our student devices and made it a removable profile. Does your JSS have a FQDN? Do you have your JSS's ip address on the ignore list on lightspeed box? (not sure if it matters).

afurbee
New Contributor

Nick, we're currently in the same boat as you, did you ever find a solution?

Nick_Gooch
Contributor III

Sounds like no matter what all iOS devices will need to be re-enrolled after you change the domain name on the jss. We will likely wait until next year for this.

afurbee
New Contributor

Our JSS already has a FQDN but I just pushed a global proxy profile to a newly enrolled device and I'm having the exact issue you've described of being able to connect to the internet but losing connection the the JSS.

Nick_Gooch
Contributor III

Did you also install the lightspeed cert?

afurbee
New Contributor

Yes. I'm completely stumped at the moment.

Nick_Gooch
Contributor III

You could try lightspeed support but they aren't the most helpful. Is port 8080 still open on the server? At one point ours was open but then closed itself. We had to go in and uncheck the proxy box save and then recheck it to get it open again. If you do figure it out please post back.

afurbee
New Contributor

I'll post back when I have something useful.

jbrucato
New Contributor

Hi guys,

I had a similar issue with Lightspeed and the global proxy. On campus, I could push out profiles no problem, but off campus the APN and profiles weren't talking.

I actually worked with Lightspeed support and we were going back and forth with logs. Finally, he saw traffic to my JSS being "bumped". He added my JSS server to a "no bump list" and the profiles worked right away for me.

He also mentioned that because it was manual edit in the code, that anytime I update Lightspeed I would have to call back and have them fix it again, reference my case number and have my JSS added back to the no bump list.

I hope this helps!

blavine
New Contributor

Hi,

I know this post is over a year old however before my team and I jump off the bridge I thought I would research once more.

We are having the same exact issue as Furbee. With Lightspeed proxy in the iPad communication with the JSS is non existent.

Has anyone found a fix for this yet or have any updates for trouble shooting?

Thank you in advance !!