Trigger Policy on login after Entra ID/Jamf Connect login

SteveSOE
New Contributor III

I'm trying to trigger a policy (that launches a Swift Dialog window) when a user logs in for the first time. Setting the policy trigger to 'Login' seems to work when using a local account. However, if I login using an Entra ID using Jamf Connect, the policy doesn't trigger.
The purpose is for setup of new Macs given to end users.
Anybody have an elegant method getting a policy to trigger on login whilst using Jamf Connect? (Recurring check-in would take a bit to long for what I'm trying to achieve)

1 REPLY 1

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

Jamf Connect is just creating a local account. The only magic Jamf Connect is performing is filling in the local account data (username, password, etc.) from IDP information. The rest of the account creation process is more or less the same.

Jamf has stopped supporting login and log out hooks, the functionality is still there but Jamf recommends you don't use them, and they can be very flaky due to changes in macOS. Jamf stopped supporting them about 6 years ago.

Depending on what it is you are wanting to do, a launch daemon is probably the best idea. Recurring check-in one per day/device/whatever may also work, again depending on what you are doing.