Trigger recon or policy after Configuration Profile installation

May
Contributor III

Hi all

Seeing if anyone has a suggestion, i have a few policies that happen in sequence, one of them needs to come after the installation of a configuration profile.
At the moment i have the policy scoped to an EA/Smart group that picks up when the Configuration Profile has been installed.

This works pretty well but its dependent on Inventory running before the Mac falls into the smart group so there's a delay, is there a way that i could get the installation of the configuration profile to immediately start a recon or the policy that needs to run after it ?

3 REPLIES 3

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

The only way I could think would be to use a package to deploy that particular config profile so you could use a policy.

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

@May why not deploy the profile "earlier"
In the sequence?

May
Contributor III

Thanks @davidacland @bentoms

I want to keep the profile installation via MDM rather than through a policy as it's almost instant rather than waiting for the 15 minute check in (i know 15 minutes isn't long but i want to keep the whole process as short as possible)

I think i'll re-approach the workflow, i set it up over a year ago to install ADPassMon (thank you @bentoms!) , then add the preferences via mdm, then install and load a launchagent, i was delaying the installation and load of the agent until the preferences were in place.

There's probably a tidier way of doing it!