Trouble uninstalling traps via Jamf

asher_wilkinson
New Contributor III

We're trying to uninstall Traps using the following script:

!/bin/sh /Library/Application Support/PaloAltoNetworks/Traps/uninstall.sh

It appears to have removed the application from the specified directory, but our smart computer group is still detecting this on all of our machines, when we should have seen a reduction in the numbers:

com.paloaltonetworks.trapsd

Where would that be located and how would I find it? It doesn't just show up on the computer by searching Finder, the drive, Library folder, or Application support folder.

4 REPLIES 4

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@asher.wilkinson Unless the policy you're running that script from has a Maintenance payload that does an Update Inventory your Smart Group indicating Traps is installed won't update until something else triggers an Inventory on that Mac.

asher_wilkinson
New Contributor III

It has the maintenance payload to update inventory. On the test machines I have set up, Traps still appears to be installed, despite there being nothing in the Palo Alto folder in the Library location specified above.

Hugonaut
Valued Contributor II

you can always try to locate the file utilizing the find command in terminal, the way its written below searches the entire computer.

sudo find / -name com.paloaltonetworks.trapsd

Virtual MacAdmins Monthly Meetup - First Friday, Every Month

asher_wilkinson
New Contributor III

That's a useful command!

Turns out, the command I was using doesn't work for Traps version 6. It worked when we tested machines with version 5. We'll have to figure something else out for the newer version. Thanks for the help!