Unable to apply Region value at AD accounts during Imaging

sidhu_navdeep
New Contributor

Hi Folks,

I'm struggling to setup Region under Languages & Region section for AD accounts. During Mac imaging, I'm setting Region based on the country. For e.g. if I'm imaging a Mac in Denmark, then I'm setting Region as Denmark so that date, time & day values should be set based on Region.

This is working fine for local admin account i.e. after imaging, if I log in using local admin account, Region is showing correct however when I log in with AD account, it is showing Region as US.

I’m setting up Region based on a package created by Composer & I’ve also ensured to check FUT & FEU so that the same Region should apply to AD accounts but it is not working. In Composer package, I’m capturing ".GlobalPreferences.plist" file under path <user>/Library/Preferences to setup Region.

Is this something to do with Directory Bindings which I created in Casper for joining a Mac into domain or something else?

Please let me know what I’m missing here & help me to resolve this issue. Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

PEGS_JAMF_Suppo
New Contributor II

Hi Sidhu,

We are having the same issue. Unable to get any support with this so far, it seems to be a feature that should be set during imaging - I know for fact that deploy studio has this automated for quite some time.

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

Hi,

I've just added a link to our first boot script that handles the language / region / keyboard layout etc here: https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=12955

It will write into the user template and existing home folders and works fine for us. You may want to strip out the bits you don't need. Just run it once on startup.