Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 6 kudos

CS 2 packaging

So, I have CS 2 to install now on some older Macs... It comes on like 3 CDs, or at least my version does. Can I make 3 separate disk images of them and create them into one adobe installer in Casper Admin, or should I combine them into 1 disk image a...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

PPC & Intel

What is the consensus with the group regarding building installers for PPCand Intel Macs? JAMF recommended we build everything (including the OS) from one masterIntel box, and only use a PPC for builds when the software required it. I am beginning to...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Creative Suite 4

Hey All, Has anyone tried to make a package for Adobe Creative Suite 4? I know that the "New Adobe Install" was implemented to make our lives easier, but would it be compatible with CS4? I do know there are now two Application discs for the Design Pr...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Acrobat 9

Hi- Has anyone made a prebuilt for Acrobat 9 Pro? Thanks--Jared NicholsISD Infrastructure and Operations - Desktop EngineeringMIT Lincoln Laboratory244 Wood St.Lexington, MA 02420-9108(781) 981-5500  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetBackup

Is anyone deploying the Veritas NetBackup client via Casper? If so, what'syour process?The installer is an interactive script, and before I tackle it, I want tosee if any of you fine folks have found a solution already. Thanks,Miles  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Any reason not to deploy Apple packages from JSS?

Hey all,I'm having trouble getting my 10.4 clients to see updates on my 10.5.5Software Update Server. While I try to work this out with Apple support, Iwas thinking of downloading the Apple packages, adding them too the JSS anddeploying them that way...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS web interface

Is there any way to use a different certificate for the JSS web interface? I've got a certificate signed by our CA on the OS X Server box hosting the JSS, but I don't know how to apply it to JSS's web instance. Thanks! j--Jared NicholsISD Infrastruct...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restricting Local Printer Rights

Hi Gang, I'm finding I'm not expert when it comes to printing on the Macs, so Ifigured I try and save some time and ping the vast wealth of knowledge onthis list. To put it simply...what's the easiest way to limit who can print to a localUSB printer ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.5.5 SUS hitting a brick wall

Hey all,Sorry if this is slightly off-topic, but is anyone having difficulties withSoftware Update Server under 10.5.5? I the service is running, I can ping the SUS, the index.sucatalog file is inthe /usr/share/swupd/html/ directory, and the permissi...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error with Netboot

I'm trying to setup netboot to reload a few hundred eMacs we have that are currently running 10.3.9Everything seems to go okay until Casper Imaging gets to the "reading autorun data" and then errors outwith Casper could not find the target disk: Mach...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Strange happenings with scripts

Has anyone else run into issues when serving scripts through policies overhttp? IT seems that most of my scripts, or at least AppleScripts, that runas part of policies in Casper are not executing properly when they arepulled down via http. I am still...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS utility bug

Has anyone else noticed JSS Utility maxing out your computer's CPU afterrunning for a couple of minutes? Maybe its just my configuration, but itwill do it on 2 different computers. Also, the recreate symbolic link button doesn't seem to actually doan...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error NetBooting

Hit a snag while trying to reconfigure our NetBoot procedure today and washoping someone has seen this before.. Currently we have been making our NetBoot images using Mac OS X Server toolsand the booting of client machines has been working fine. Howe...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

video of our dual boot management

So, I know a lot of you probably had read a past email about us managing a dual boot image in OS X and allowing managed users to dual boot between OS X and Windows XP professional while keeping the machine completely managed. We couldn't have done it...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sus not working

Check the plist being hosted by the web directory. See if the fqdn matches. You might need to do a changeipaddress command.--sent via a blackberry  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

software update server, what I am doing wrong?

So, I have a SUS set up with static IP and FQDN, and it resolves and I made it part of the open directory. In WGM I assigned all groups to the SUS, by IP and when I run software update it shows it connecting to the IP of the server but says no update...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Air

Hi, I have made an image to install Adobe Air and that seemed to work well. The problem is, the Macs won't see it. I have an application, but it looks like a terminal window. If I do double click it will ask me which app to run it with. How can I ins...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Aperture2

Having difficulties creating a package for Aperture2.I found out from Apple that the software looks to the MAC address forindividual serialization. I have a volume license and would like to be ableto deploy this without having to serialize each machi...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetInstalls for new, out-of-the-box systems?

We're just getting ready for our Jump Start with JAMF next week and puttingtogether a lab of a couple of dozen new Intel iMacs. We're having troublewith the NetBoot process. We have had the image on the Casper server and alocal distribution point. Bu...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

root account(feature request?)

I've thought about this for quite some time now and it's not a big deal but would anyone else benefit from having the option to fill the root account when you fill existing users?? Also, I think that the fix ByHost files should fix the root ByHost fi...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

help with netboot override

Help pls chaps, Background - I have 2 netboot servers running a Casper netinstall image for imaging my macs, the image is load balanced between the 2 servers, i.e it has the same ID and is the same netinstall image. It is set as the default image on ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netinstall Image Creator Problem

Has anyone used the Casper Netinstall Image Creator? Everytime I use it, and have it save to the Netboot folder, all it does us create a nbi folder with a pref file in it and that's it. If I have it save onto the desktop, it creates the dmg as it sho...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Windows Recon

I can run recon locally on all macs OK, but not on our Windows XP boxes - it just complains of not being able to locate the server....any ideas what could be wrong? I have a plain-vanilla install of XP with recon 6.01 on it...no dice. Thanks,j  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

printers - authentication required

We had a lab printer go offline for a period of time. During this time some of the computers in the lab attempted to print. Somehow this stopped the print que. When the print que is stopped and a student attempts to print they can addthe job to the q...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

server performance

Hi, what is maximum bandwidth you guys get from you Xserves, my networks tell me I can never get more that 480MB/sec from my XServer no matter what NIC i have in it. Do any of you guys get more than that? Regards Criss Criss MyersSenior Customer Supp...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

MacBook Air (MBA)- Printing Issues

Does anyone on the list have MBAs in their environment? If so, any issuesprinting? I'm using a 10.5.4 image built on MBP 2.6 using retail OSinstaller. I can setup print queues but when I send a print job it getsstuck in the queue with a message it'll...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

software update server

I have one in place, and have a self service policy set to ongoing that will set the server and install all updates, and I have the server set in my JSS and have it set as default update server on all of my network segments. Yet when I run software u...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

self service supports HTML

I don't know if you all were aware of this, but I am downloading open source software and making optional self service installs. I wanted to create links to the license type and to the software's main page so the end user could view them before insta...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

User Environment for group of users

We've started preparing for our online testing deployment and I'd like to trigger installs of software and user environment settings based on a login of certain users or a group of users. For example, when "testing1" logs in who is a member of the AD...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors