Unable to send message with Device Lock command

brandonusher
Contributor II

Whenever I send a Device Lock command, the message I enter does not appear on the device.

Is there some setting I need to set for this to work? The device locks immediately but lacks the message I enter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

brandonusher
Contributor II

Nevermind, just tried it with setting a passcode on a device first then sending the message. It displays the message if a passcode is enabled

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

brandonusher
Contributor II

Nevermind, just tried it with setting a passcode on a device first then sending the message. It displays the message if a passcode is enabled

paulvb
New Contributor II

And for devices with no passcode set? Is there a way to get them a message?

brandonusher
Contributor II

@paulvb Not that I'm aware of, unless you use the Self Service Mobile app. But that only let's you send a message, not lock the device.

iweiss
New Contributor III

@brandonusher how did you send the message command after the lock command? Did you send another API call? If so what API command did you use?

brandonusher
Contributor II

@Ian.W I don't think I had done it via the API, but rather the "Lock Device" option under Management.

Via the API though, you can go to the below URL for your JSS and see the syntax for sending the API call:

https://jss.company.com:8443/api/#!/mobiledevicecommands/createMobileDeviceLockCommandURL_post

iweiss
New Contributor III

@brandonusher Thanks for the quick response. I reached out to Jamf and it looks like it only works for iOS devices presently, but there are plans to extend this functionality to macOS 10.14.

JAMF Nation Feature Request

Apple's newest MDM Reference

brandonusher
Contributor II

@Ian.W My apologies, I thought you were talking about Mobile Device commands. I'm glad to hear that it will be coming to Computers though, that's exciting!