Unblocking Java

sharriston
Contributor III

Hello, I have been searching for weeks now and can't seem to find a solution to my issue. We are a school and have a learning tool that requires java. Now the student laptops have a restrictions config profile in place so the students can't install apps to alternate locations and don't have read write access to certain folders. When ever we try to run this website (Carnegie Learning Center) we get the error that java is blocked. I have allowed every folder that remotely relates to java to have access and still it will not run unless I make the student an admin then the site works with no issues. Is there any folder I should look for or does anyone know where the java app installs to so I can allow that folder. Also just as a side note I get the error when I try to launch the Java preference pane as well.

2 REPLIES 2

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@sharrist Any luck with this problem? I'm considering a similar config profile to lock app usage, but will also need Java to work.

sharriston
Contributor III

I know this is late but I just saw this now. If your still having trouble what I did was allow the following directories:

/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home/lib/jspawnhelper
/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home/bin
/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home/bin/java
/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home/lib
/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Resources/Java Updater.app

I know its late but I hope this helps.