Update ServiceNow with Jamf Inventory Information

jrock10
New Contributor

I've searched the forums here and it seems that many have found a way to have Jamf inventory information pulled into ServiceNow to update inventory information in ServiceNow to match Jamf. However, I cant' seem to find any specific information on implementing that communication. Is there someone that could walk through that process for getting that implemented? Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4

tlarkin
Honored Contributor

So we just did master CSV dumps of jamf data into Service Now and have now shifted to our resellers to have them automate devices being purchased into Service Now. We use Service Now as our source of truth for asset tracking, so jamf or intune or another tool is not necessarily considered the source of truth to what employee is assigned what device(s). Lots of resellers can ship you data or integrate right into Service Now, so when you make a purchase all the assets are in Service Now. Which I personally feel is a better data flow, as a device could stay in internal storage for weeks or months before we give it to an employee.

jrock10
New Contributor

Thanks for the tip! I may look into that option down the road, but right now I'm trying to get our existing inventory into ServiceNow and looking for some guidance in that regard.

tlarkin
Honored Contributor

I know I just ran a report of all jamf assets, exported it to CSV and my Service Now admin was able to import that just from CSV when we first stood up Service Now.

MatG
Contributor III

We use the Jamf SCCM plugin and then SCCM to Service Now.