Updating iTunes alone.

Seide
New Contributor

Hi,

I'm trying to update just iTunes on some machines. I was able to download the installer from Apple's site but I did a test run and tried to install it on my own Mac and there are a lot of windows to bypass, such as the EULA.

Without trying to go through Composer, does anyone have any scripts that can bypass them or have it update silently?

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5

cdev
Contributor III

There's nothing really to do – just drop the iTunes.pkg file into Casper Admin and add it to a policy. There's no prompts when running the install this way.

daz_wallace
Contributor III

Hi Seide,

For each new version (including updates) of iTunes, the end user will need to accept the EULA for that specific version.

The way to stop this is to either package up or manage the com.apple.itunes.plist file, particularly the EULA section.

Hope that helps

Darren

Seide
New Contributor

Actually, so far, what cdev recommended seems to be working. If I come across any EULA issues, I will try your suggestion, adz_dar.

Thanks again!

Seide
New Contributor

sorry for the double post. not sure how that happened.

alexjdale
Valued Contributor III

In all of my experience, when you install a package from the command line "installer" command or via Casper, all dialogs and EULAs are skipped. If anyone has seen an exception I'd be interested in hearing more about it.