Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 6 kudos

Enrolling macbooks

I have noticed the last few computers I have enrolled are not being managed at all. Usually when I enroll the computers they are being managed right away with Casper JSS. Any ideas what I need to change in the JSS to fix this issue? It seems it start...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Tunnelblick rehash

I recall a post in configuring Tunnelblick to allow push or download from Self Service. Jason Bush had a solution, however a search does not bring up any results. A point in the right direction is appreciated.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS 9.5 known issues.

I was reading the release note and this caught my eye as my master distro is hosted on Windows Server 08 r2... ? [D-005612] Casper Admin fails to compile configurations if the master distribution point is a file share distribution point hosted on Win...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS 8 upgrade notes

Heyo, Thought I'd post some positive news for anyone who was interested. We're running Casper Suite 9.4 on a mac mini server (10.9.4) and currently have several restriction profiles out to students, as well as some webclips and a global HTTP proxy (s...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pulling data from the JSS for asset management?

Hi guys, I am looking to create a new asset management system through Sharepoint (or something similar if you could recommend), listing all of the devices in our office. Ideally it will pull data from the JSS as that would always have the most up-to-...  View more

• 28 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mobile device renaming

Casper 9.5 is supposed to implement the ability to set mobile device names from individual mobile device records, but how? The name isn't editable in Inventory > General.  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

iBeacon iOS configuration app

I have been working to get our iBeacon product, Bleu Station, to be easy to set up using the JSS API. We are working on an iOS app to read the beacon settings configured in Casper and then program the beacon using those settings. Let me know if you a...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploying certificates

We're new to casper and have a handful of macs in our primarily windows environment. they use other policies/applications to push stuff to end users. However security issued certificates for network access/provisioning and we are running into a stand...  View more

• 31 replies
  • 0 kudos

Peer-to-Peer Airplay

Has anyone gotten the new peer-to-peer Airplay feature to work? I have iOS 8 GM on my phone and Apple TV 7.0 just released today installed on an Apple TV and am not seeing the Airplay option. Both devices have Bluetooth and WiFi turned on, just not c...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS 8 Out

It popped up on my iPhone at 11:53CST. I then hit the reality that I could not update because I only had 5.2GB free on my phone. It needs 5.7GB to install! Ouch!  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

SMB over port 139 or 445?

Hello, I have a windows 2k12r2 server hosting a CaperShare behind a firewall. I've opened port 139 in the firewall but clients cannot connect to the server. OS X gives me a "There was a problem connecting to the server..." error. If I turn the firewa...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Yea, Toast stinks, but I have a question...

Where is the Toast 12 Titanium license file stored? The Rox.dat file doesn't seem to exist. I searched across the entire Mac, after the volume license key was entered, including invisibles, including bundle contents, etc., and came up dry. https://ja...  View more

• 46 replies
  • 0 kudos

Broken Mobile Device static groups

My Mobile Device static groups pages are broken. I can view the list of Static Mobile Device Groups, but when I click on a Group a blank area appears where the configuration area is suppose to be. Mobile Smart groups and Computer Smart and Static Gro...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

View VPP Apple ID Association

I've had a search around on JAMF and on the Forums but I'm unable to find an answer. Is it possible to see what Apple ID was used to associate a user with the VPP system. We've had a few students use personal accounts so we'd just like to see who the...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

SUS has updates back to 10.4

Hi, We have just installed the netboot/sus appliance and it is working well. It is the first time we have used sus and it has downloaded updates going back to 10.4. Is their a way I can tell it I only want updated from 10.6 and above? Best wishes Mic...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Activation Lock Bypass Code - Anyone had success?

According to what I have read so far, Activation Lock Bypass Code is supposed to allow you to use the itunes, to remove the activation lock, through entering the Activation Lock Bypass Code into the password field, instead of the user's username and ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploying and Managing Mac App Store Apps

Hi all, As titled, I am looking for a solution for deploying and managing Mac App Store Apps during initial roll out and beyond.iWork and iLife is sorted through Base Image, more for software such as Evernote etc. Looking for a solution for both paid...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

JDS on Ubuntu 14.04: No luck with WebDAV access?

Hi all, I've been trying to get a JDS install going on an ESXi VM of Ubuntu 14.04 - it's basically a plain Ubuntu 14.04 server install in which I'm running the current JDS for linux installer. This seems to work (but requires the apache2-utils packag...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mounting shares with kerberos

I'm trying to mount some authenticated shares, but am having a helluva time. We have a NAS that we want to mount when the user logs in. These are shared student machines, and we have the mobile home directories set to expire on logout to keep the mac...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Create new AD user from Self Service

I'd like a way of being able to create a new computer user account from Self Service. We have recently encrypted our machines using Filevault which means we can no longer easily log new Freelance users in who dont currently have a account on the mach...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Maintaining Up to Date Recovery Partition

Hey all, Don't know if this has been covered before but I was looking into it. Is there a way or a best practice associated with maintain the Recovery Partition up to date after imaging a machine. I've encountered an issue that machines that have upd...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managed app distribution issue

Hi, I have started trying to use the "new" Apple deployment method of distributing managed mobile apps through Casper. I am running 9.4. I am trying to distribute Notability. I have about 1400 iPad users, and purchased 400 licenses; many users alread...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

JNUC 2014 - Looking for Hotel Roommate

I was (am ?) planning on going to JNUC 2014 from October 21-23, 2014 (Fly in October 20, Fly out October 24). I just got laid off and therefore, I am in financial lockdown. I can get myself to the conference. I am looking for someone who is intereste...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors