Upgraded to 10.9

technicholas
Contributor

external image link

Upgraded to 10.9 now I get this, I don't want to upgrade Casper to the latest version yet, we are on 8.71 any fixes?

9 REPLIES 9

rderewianko
Valued Contributor II

You can upgrade your admin tools with out upgrading the JSS. That should solve your issue.

rderewianko
Valued Contributor II

Dang double post

hkim
Contributor II

Um, doesn't work for me. 8.63 JSS, I cannot use Casper Admin 8.72, and 8.63 Casper Admin does not run in 10.9

To get around this I've been using a 10.8 VM, but ultimately the answer is probably to upgrade JSS to match Casper Apps version that runs in 10.9

scafide
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey All,

We have released version 8.73 of the Casper Suite which is compatible with 10.9 Mavericks, if you are still testing out Version 9 of the Casper Suite or wish to remain on the 8 Series for the time being.

Thanks!

Mike

rderewianko
Valued Contributor II

@hkim but you should be able to use casper tools 8.73 with a older version of the JSS.. eg 8.73 Tools with a 8.63 server..

hkim
Contributor II

Nope, you cannot use Casper Admin and have the versions not match. Does not work with 8.73 app and 8.63 server.

rderewianko
Valued Contributor II

Sorry my typo: 8.73 tools with a 8.63 server should work. Or i've experienced it before when i've updated my admin tools before the server.

hkim
Contributor II

Yes the other way around works, but that's not the case here since 8.63 or lower Casper Admin won't launch in Mavericks.

jstrauss
Contributor

If you really want to make this work, you can modify the ProductVersion string in /System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist to read 10.8 instead of 10.9, then launch Casper Admin. Can't be too sure what else this will mess up, so change it back after. Otherwise, you're stuck updating to 8.73.

Update: System Prefs, App Store, and some others don't play nice if you change that setting and leave it at 10.8 if you're on 10.9.