Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

Device Based VPP Not Working

anyone had success with device based VPP on JSS 9.82 and 10.11? I'm pretty sure I have it setup correctly but in Self Service I get an immediate 'Cannot install item' 'There was a problem installing OneDrive. Contact your administrator.' In the JSS I...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mount Issue AFTER Successful App Install

Hi there, Wondering if anyone has seen this behavior before. For context, we are on version 9.81, with our primary distribution server on a Windows 2008 R2 server, and a Mac Mini with OSX server on our local distribution point. We are using SMB share...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Figuring out missing (scoped) mobile device apps?

Does anyone have a good way to figure out which Mobile Device Apps that are in a devices scope are uninstalled? If you have dozens of apps assigned it can be pretty tricky. You can see what's scoped, and you can see what's installed. Granted, what an...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Activation Lock Bypass & Supervision Snag

We received an iPad back from a previous employee and they don't know the password to their Apple ID. Unlike 95% of our devices, this one in question reports in the JSS as unsupervised and the "Activation Lock Bypass is "not configured". We do have t...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP Prestage enrollment no longer working.

I have a couple of iPad's who have DEP Prestage enrollment profiles which I set up sometime ago. Now, when I wipe the iPads to issue the iPad to someone else, the iPad isn't getting it's enrollment profile from the JSS. We use this mainly to supervis...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

david.koff@nike.com

Earthlings, Greetings in this, your new revolution around your Sun. For several key reasons, we need to distribute a core image to a few international partners who don't have access to casper imaging. I've therefore compiled an image based on one of ...  View more

fff71fb801c1486e829d759c41259127
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetBoot/SUS 4.0 and RewriteRules

Perhaps I'm missing something, either in how this ought to be configured, or in how JAMF have "customized" things with the appliance, but I'm not able to configure RewriteRules such that mixed-version clients can access a single URL for each branch. ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Stolen iPad - we know who has it.

One of our ex-students who we kicked out has all of a sudden lost his school iPad. I know for a fact he still has it. Every day the jss sends a policy to hide his apps (because you can't have games on our school iPad's), and I have also hidden the ap...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

EA Search Domains problem

Hi, I have been using the Extension Attribute https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/viewProductFile.html?fid=400to list search domains and I have noticed that newer 10.10 computers are returning "The networksetup binary is not present on this machine."...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Getting information from System Report

Is there a way to collect System Report information through Casper? Our MBAs are getting to the age where the batteries are starting to fail and are showing Service Battery under the battery health info. Even when asked to inform me when this issue s...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP apps show as 'No Name', still in App Store?

I just got signed up for VPP and "purchased" 10 copies of Word, Excel, and Powerpoint. I also bought some licenses for iAnnotate. When I go to my JSS, it shows the proper number of licenses but it doesn't populate the name of the apps, it just shows ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Very slow El Capitan netboot

Hi, I have made an El Capitan netboot image. The bar moves across to about 66% almost immediately and then takes at 30 minutes to get the last 34%, but never logs in. I'm not getting an error. Has anyone else seen this? The netboot image is 10.11.2 I...  View more

• 39 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to store password Active Directory

Hello, thanks for looking at this in advance. Recently, I've had a bunch of OS X 10.8.5 computers not able to log anyone in using their Active Directory Accounts. Bind was bad. So, I do what I normally do 99% of the time, unbind the machine from comm...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Papercut app not working as expected

Good Morning Nation We have been using paper cut on OS X for awhile now. No issues. I imaged a imac and went to set up and configure printing. Testing the setup the printer paused.I made sure we had the latest drivers and the latest paper cut client....  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple update roll back

Hello all, getting ready to roll out JSS to Mac users and trying to get all my ducks in a row for potential pushback. Some users at our location only install specific updates and avoid others. My question is whether or not there is an easy way to rol...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Caching server speed

Hi all For those of you running Caching Servers for iOS, what speeds are your clients downloading cached items at? I've just setup a 10.11.2 Mac Mini with the Caching Service and it doesn't seem all that fast. Activity Monitor's network statistics re...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Infrastructure on AWS

I finally go the go ahead to move our JSS to AWS. For now, I am simply going to stand up the instance and begin a migration plan. Wanted to know if anyone in the community has gone through this process and could point me in the direction of some help...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service Recovery

I'm looking to use Self Service to allow a small, select group of users to do a full wipe and reinstall of their OS. We use DEP for them to enroll their computers, and they can already do OS upgrades via Self Service, but they are also requesting the...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

AutoDMG and WiFi Configuration

I'm also working with support on this issue, but I thought I would try out the community as well... We just did our Jump Start training in early December. When the trainer was here we created a Base Image using the 10.11.1 installer and AutoDMG. The ...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS Wifi status and history

Does anyone know a way to see the wifi status and history of an iOS device using casper or anything else? We have a strict policy against using wifi, but being that we cannot administratively disable it we would like to see any violations.  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors