Upgrading to El Capitan and loses wireless connection

boberito
Valued Contributor

We are running Casper 9.82. I know that 9.9 was recently released but I'm holding out for a bit since 9.82 is working well unless you believe this issue is fixed in 9.9 I'd rather hold out. The version of El Capitan is 10.11.4. And it's a WPA2 PEAP authentication network.

I'm trying to deploy the upgrade to El Capitan to our student body through Self Service since they aren't admins on their laptop.

I've tried pushing El Capitan three different ways
-createOSXinstall and some fancy scripts
-dropping the el capitan installer into casper admin
-And doing a script that runs the installer as for the user (https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/article.html?id=173)

The laptop connects perfectly to the wifi before running the upgrade, after the upgrade in the system log, I get this.

eapolclient: en0 STOP eapolclient: en0 START uid 0 gid 0 eapolclient: System Mode using OD account 'SAESsaes2102loaner$' eapolclient: en0: 802.1X System Mode eapolclient: State=Held Status=Failed (1): QuotedText

--this is expandable and has under it

4/7/16 2:05:39.820 PM eapolclient[855]: State=Held Status=Failed (1): <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd"> <plist version="1.0"> <dict> <key>AuthenticatorMACAddress</key> <data> 2MfIKZ/8 </data> <key>ClientStatus</key> <integer>1</integer> <key>ConfigurationGeneration</key> <integer>1</integer> <key>DomainSpecificError</key> <integer>0</integer> <key>Mode</key> <integer>3</integer> <key>SupplicantState</key> <integer>5</integer> <key>SystemMode</key> <true/> <key>Timestamp</key> <date>2016-04-07T18:05:39Z</date> <key>UniqueIdentifier</key> <string>E54125E7-BE20-4873-8BA5-650847CFEEFA</string> </dict> </plist>

So anybody got any ideas or help? Or see a similar problem?

2 REPLIES 2

zhouchens
New Contributor

Currently having Same exact issue on our school campus. Any solutions?

boberito
Valued Contributor

We never solved it but built some crazy work around.