upload a package to JAMF Pro -- missing upload package button???

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

I'm trying to upload a .pkg to JAMF Pro using the following directions but i don't see the 'UPLOAD PACKAGE' button. All I see is the 'UPLOAD MANIFEST FILE' button. Not really sure what this manifest file is either. Here are the steps to do this as found here

Uploading a Package to Jamf Pro If your master distribution point is the cloud distribution point, you can upload the package directly to Jamf Pro. This adds the package to the master distribution point and Jamf Pro. Log in to Jamf Pro. In the top-right corner of the page, click Settings. Click Computer Management. In the “Computer Management” section, click Packages Click New Use the General pane to configure basic settings for the package, including the display name and category. Note: If you do not add the package to a category, Jamf Admin displays the package in blue text in the Unknown category. Click Upload Package and upload the package. (Optional) If you are uploading an enrollment package, you can upload a custom manifest file by clicking the Upload Manifest File button. Click the Options tab and configure additional settings for the package, including the priority. (Optional) Click the Limitations tab and configure limitations for the package, including operating system and architecture type requirements. Click Save.
10 REPLIES 10

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Do you see a Choose File button like shown?

d5c9c93208634eeea5f37ac301a81968

The wording of the button may have changed since those instructions were written. It's now Choose File, not Upload Package.

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

@mm2270 nope. In place of the choose file button there's a text box to enter 'file name'.
Just like the display name above.

mm2270

Are you using a cloud environment or, what kind of distribution point do you have? The ability to upload a package in the web UI isn't available in all setups. I think you need to have a cloud distribution point to use that feature if I'm not mistaken.

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

@mm2270 yep we must not have a cloud distribution point.
We're hosted but looks like SMB.

mm2270

Yes, that's the issue then. The web upload option doesn't work with an SMB distribution point.
Well, at least it's not an issue with your Jamf Pro installation.

bgilroy
New Contributor II

yes you must have the cloud distrobution point set to be the master DP or you will not see the choose file

yche
New Contributor II

@tcandela how did you resolve this?

having the same issue, I do not have the option/ button to upload a package.

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

@yche  the JAMF pro setup where i work finally got the master distribution point setup in the cloud. Now the 'choose file' button is available.

yche
New Contributor II

@tcandela thanks for the response, is this something you changed in Jamf or Jamf team changed for you?

yche
New Contributor II

@tcandela I was able to change settings, thanks!