Upload multiple packages to Jamf at once?

myu
New Contributor III

Hi,

In searching for a better way to install Apple Loops and other post-install downloadable content from apps like Logic Pro and  GarageBand, I see that Carl Ashley has created a new tool called loopdown. It basically downloads all the loops based on the app's plist and creates smaller packages (I believe based on folder structure) ready for uploading to MDMs like Jamf.

It appears to work great. The only problem is that it produces a lot of packages (840 for Logic Pro and 707 for GarageBand) and I was wondering whether there is a way to bulk upload these packages?

I'm not asking about deploying all these packages in 1 policy. I know we can do that but rather upload them to the cloud repo.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

arnoldtaw
New Contributor III

I'm not sure if this suggestion is applicable to your situation, but have you considered downloading and installing the software directly on the endpoint? 

It looks like loopdown downloads pkg to a tmp location. Using pkgutil, you can install what was downloaded. 

In that case, you never have to download and upload again. 

For bulk uploading pkgs. You can probably use Jamf Admin. You can download Jamf Pro Apps from Jamf Account

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

arnoldtaw
New Contributor III

I'm not sure if this suggestion is applicable to your situation, but have you considered downloading and installing the software directly on the endpoint? 

It looks like loopdown downloads pkg to a tmp location. Using pkgutil, you can install what was downloaded. 

In that case, you never have to download and upload again. 

For bulk uploading pkgs. You can probably use Jamf Admin. You can download Jamf Pro Apps from Jamf Account

myu
New Contributor III

Thanks. I've decided to just stick with AppleLoops as it still worked as long as you install python3.