Upload the Push Certificate (.pem) - Where to get this?

box
New Contributor III

Can someone please advise how or where to get this .pem cert? 

Do I need to be a dev? Thank you, 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@box Are you in the process of setting up your Jamf Pro system, and haven't enrolled any devices yet? If so you can start over. If you've already enrolled devices you need to follow the the "Renewing the Push Certificate" process for your original certificate because if you generate a new one none of your previously deployed devices will respond to it. Fixing that will require re-enrolling them.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

box
New Contributor III

UPDATE - I managed to get the .pem cert, when I try to upload it however, I get a message I am unable to. 

box
New Contributor III

Unable to upload push notification certificate. The certificate you uploaded does not match the CSR that was previously downloaded.

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@box Are you following the steps in the Jamf Pro documentation? https://learn.jamf.com/bundle/jamf-pro-documentation-current/page/Push_Certificates.html

box
New Contributor III

Yes, I followed the same steps as they did in the video. Is it safe to revoke and start over? Thank you, 

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@box Are you in the process of setting up your Jamf Pro system, and haven't enrolled any devices yet? If so you can start over. If you've already enrolled devices you need to follow the the "Renewing the Push Certificate" process for your original certificate because if you generate a new one none of your previously deployed devices will respond to it. Fixing that will require re-enrolling them.

box
New Contributor III

Correct, brand new. No devices enrolled.