User-Initiated Enrollment - QuickAdd - installation failed

sgabriel
New Contributor II

Hi,

I want to enroll MacBook pro and mac mini with the User Initiated method.

The installation is very long and the progress bar is blocked at the end. I then receive the following message: The installation failed7cc5417ce78e42f9ad67780c93b37e38

However the device is listed in the JSS and I can send remote commands (lock, wipe)

Can you please help me to fix this issue?

Thanks a lot by advance

6 REPLIES 6

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@sgabriel Was this Mac previously enrolled in your JSS? If yes, try deleting the existing entry in your jSS then re-running the QuickAdd.

Cornoir
Contributor II

I encountered the same Failed but enrolled in JSS error and after dealing with JAMF support determined that it was a false error caused by a policy set to check at start up. You can send JAMF support the log files for jamf.log, system.log, install.log, however any error codes in the jamf.log are pointless as JAMF support does not keep a list of what the error codes mean.
Remove any policies that affect the Mac systems you are trying to enroll to see if the error continues.

sgabriel
New Contributor II

Hi,

thanks for your reply!

Indeed both MacBook and Mac Mini have been already enrolled with JSS. But these ones have been wiped/deleted and are not listed in JSS when trying to enroll them.

I tried to disable my test policies and then enroll again: it works fine!

So it seems the issue is related to the policies:
- one policy is applied only to the Mac Mini: install Chrome - trigger: recurring checkin
- one policy is applied only to the MacBook pro : install printer drivers - trigger : at enrollment

These policies do not have the same packages nor triggers and are applied to different computers.

This behavior is very strange, do you know what could be the root cause of this issue?

Thanks a lot for your help!

sgabriel
New Contributor II

I will double check the file repo connection, I have many connection errors..
I will keep you informed.

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@Cornoir I think we may have been hitting different problems. For the problem I was running into, the jamf binary got installed but not the MDM Profile, so it wasn't a false error.

@sgabriel It sounds like you're running into a problem similar to what @Cornoir experienced rather than the one I did. At this point it's probably best to contact Jamf support and get them to look at the issue with you as you should be able to have policies run on enrollment.

sgabriel
New Contributor II

Hi,

I fixed my issue at the moment!
There was 2 errors:
1. printer PPD: I downloaded new drivers and created a new policy
2. network issue: the Mac were not able to connect/authenticate on the file share, so I enabled HTTPS option in the FileShare.

I saw the errors when using "sudo jamf policy -verbose" command from an impacted Mac.

Have a good week-end.