Verify package integrity - "package could not be verified"

J_Morgan
New Contributor III

So I've created a new package using Jamf Pro web GUI, pointed it to a newly uploaded file on repository, and tried to deploy, but all installs are failing because the "package could not be verified".

Never had this issue with Jamf Admin...just sayin'

Jim

4 REPLIES 4

J_Morgan
New Contributor III

This is a .pkg installer I downloaded from our GoToAssist's customer portal, not some random or self-baked .pkg

Do we need to create our own packages using Composer and add our own developer certificate of authority (which we don't have) for Jamf to be able to use this package?

Jim

AJPinto
Honored Contributor III

Assuming the package runs fine locally, I would intercept the package that Jamf is deploying and inspect it. Packages cache to the Jamf waiting room on the device and will stay there for a few minutes. Grab the package before Jamf deletes it and look at the package with Suspicious Package and see if anything looks strange.

If the package does not run locally, then the package is bad.

As far as using composer, if you have Jamf Pro you do not need to sign in house packages. Jamf Pro does not use Apples MDM framework to deploy packages and does not care if they are signed. If you are using Jamf Now, that uses Apples MDM framework to deploy packages, and they do need to be signed.

SGill
Contributor III

We are seeing this now, too.  It started with the recent upgrade of jamf pro from 11.6 to 11.9.  Jamf has removed the option to ignore package verification now in Settings->Computer Management ->Package Validation, as well as having removed the app Jamf Admin in Jamf Pro 11.6.  Jamf Admin used to handle the verification for us, and now both options for bypassing this are seemingly gone....

Scarecrow8745
New Contributor

I'm just encountering this issue.

I'm currently running 'JAMF Sync' to calculate checksums.  Doesn't do anything for Verification Bypass that I'm aware of, looks like JAMF only allows the option of "If checksum present".