video of our dual boot management

tlarkin
Honored Contributor

So, I know a lot of you probably had read a past email about us managing a dual boot image in OS X and allowing managed users to dual boot between OS X and Windows XP professional while keeping the machine completely managed. We couldn't have done it with out the Jamf software suite. The video is almost real time, with an exception of we did speed up a few clips to make the video run a bit faster. If you were to add about 30 seconds of actual time on top of the video it would more accurately represent the real time it takes for a managed user to dual boot via a self service policy. Also our reasons for running the MAP test software on Windows on the Macs was specific to our environment. If MAP testing is working in your environment don't panic. We had to load windows for that reason only, and it was pretty much specific to our environment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_rlvsFbLGA

I will post all the how to do this on my website soon. I also have a document with how we did it, a case study comparing mass imaging with the intel versus the PPC servers, and how we implemented a dual boot image and how it was created.

That stuff isn't done yet, but it will be up there soon hopefully.

thanks,

Thomas Larkin
TIS Department
KCKPS USD500
tlarki at kckps.org
blackberry: 913-449-7589
office: 913-627-0351

0 REPLIES 0