VPP Apps Not Installing

ctarbox
Contributor II

Mac OS 10.11.6
Casper/JSS version 9.9.6

On my first attempt at setting up automatic installation of VPP apps, I have run into a situation where only some of the apps will install automatically. I have six free VPP apps that I am trying to deploy via the automatic installation process within the Mac App Store Apps settings. Each time only three install on first login.

TextWrangler
Numbers
Pages

The three remaining: Microsoft Remote Desktop, Keynote and xCode do not install unless I un-scope them from within Mac App Store Apps --> Application, then re-scope them.

I have my configurations for all six apps the same. I have tried this with the apps scoped in a Smart Group/All Users or Single Client/All Users. In each instance it is the same apps that will install or not.

Is there a limit as to how many apps I can automatically install with this process?

Is this a known bug?

Cheryl

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

martel
New Contributor III

When I run:

sudo jamf removeMdmProfile
sudo jamf manage

That seems to fix it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Randydid
Contributor II

BUMP.

Did you ever find a solution for this? I have a bunch in scope (7) and are set to install but have yet to actually do so.

/randy

martel
New Contributor III

When I run:

sudo jamf removeMdmProfile
sudo jamf manage

That seems to fix it.

ctarbox
Contributor II

This works for me. Thanks, @martel l!

rseeley
New Contributor III

If the logged in user is a standard user, they wont be able to run sudo commands. From the Terminal, type in

su <username of user with local admin rights>

Type in the password and it will open a bash shell under that account. Then run the sudo commands above