VPP apps purchased as "Managed Distribution" showing up as code?

jevans76
New Contributor

I've purchased a number of apps via VPP today, and ensured they were "Device Assignable" compatible.

I triple checked I purchased them as "Managed Distribution", and that's how they show up in the VPP account purchase history.

However, when I add the app to JSS > Mobile Devices > Apps - it shows up like the attached image

and under the "VPP" tab states "Content not available to assign to mobile devices"

1dd804e33dbd416893e2d27592711ea9

1760c37712db491daf4ddf14dbcd89c0

5 REPLIES 5

cscsit
New Contributor III

I'm getting this too and I too made sure back in VPP on the Apple side that I chose Managed Distribution. The app appears in the JSS Settings/Global Management/VPP Accounts with 600 licenses available (0 in Use), yet I'm getting the "Content not available to assign to mobile devices" message as well.

I'm kinda thinking its because the developer hasn't enabled device assigned app distribution on their end. Some apps are working for me (and it works very well when it does BTW), but others aren't working. So its either the developer hasn't enabled it on their end, or there's an issue between JSS and the VPP Store.

cscsit
New Contributor III

I just found out that if you have the app assigned to a specific Site it makes the device assignable feature stop working. Not sure if this is by design, or if its just a bug in JSS. So if you have the app assigned to a site, remove it and allow for all sites and then see if Device Assignments appears.

jevans76
New Contributor

Hmm - I have a fairly "vanilla" single server JSS instance with no sites, so I don't think this is my issue...

aedwards
New Contributor

I was getting this also until I went to Users ---> VPP Assignments ---> Created a new Assignment (if you don't already have one) ---> Checked the Apps that I wanted to assign and left the scope to "none". Then I could assign to devices from the "Apps" section.

acaveny
New Contributor III

Stumbled across this by accident. I had assigned the App to a site. Removing that setting allowed for VPP device deployment.

It would be nice to know if this is by design (and if so why?) or if this is a bug.