VPP Invitation Email

dresslerf
New Contributor II

Hi,
I'am using JSS 9.31. I'd like to send an VPP invitation. When the user got the email he has to login with an user account and an password. From where do I get the information which user account or which password has to be filled in.
The user has the name testuser. The Invitation form of the JSS comes in via email with this username. S.b. told me to fill in the account data of the apple id the user of this ipad usually uses. This doesn't work.
Knows anybody help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dresslerf
New Contributor II

I think I've got the answer.
You have to create a JSS User Account with reduced priviliges. This account data have to be inserted into the registration form.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

mhayden
New Contributor III

When you say "this doesn't work", can you provide information on the error message that you are receiving?

dresslerf
New Contributor II

I think I've got the answer.
You have to create a JSS User Account with reduced priviliges. This account data have to be inserted into the registration form.

adamcodega
Valued Contributor

You don't have to require someone to login with their JSS account, that option can be set in the VPP invite.

If you do require a login, it's not the JSS User account you make under Settings, where you set privileges.

You make the user through the Users section, next to Computers and Mobile Devices.

a81b185a4e134a8db02e1ebddc3ac3ab