VPP Question

NBlake
New Contributor

We have successfully enrolled the iPads on campus, but when we attempt to install a paid/vpp app through the VPP Invitation process the "pop up" never appears on any of the iPads in the invite group. I have followed all of the steps in the manual and also the recommended steps on the forums and no success? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6

strider_knh
Contributor II

Are you sure the scope is set correctly and the MDM profile is installed?

Oops, meant to change one small thing and accidentally changed the full entry. Sorry.

NBlake
New Contributor

We have them assigned to a user, and not the device. When we search the app in the app store the install/open icon is greyed out for install.

strider_knh
Contributor II

Check your VPP Account setup and make sure the VPP Assignment is using the correct account.

Did you check the JSS User account for one of the user that got apps assigned to see if they are assigning properly? It will show which apps are assigned to them so you can check to see if the VPP Assignment is correct.

You should not have to search, it should appear under the Purchases tab when a user is logged into the App Store (An enrolled device is not required.)

NBlake
New Contributor

When I go into the purchased area it is not there, and when I search the app name in the store it has the "open" area greyed out.

NBlake
New Contributor

When we first sent the invite, it installed and then disappeared from the desktop of the iPad. After that is when I completed the steps above where it was not listed in the purchased area and then install option is greyed out and listed as "open" instead

MikeV-Holden
New Contributor

Check in your JSS. Go to the Users section and from a list of users, find one that should have the app assigned to it. Selecting that user will open a new page. Along the left side you should see the name of your VPP. Selecting that will bring up a window showing what devices this user has signed into iTunes on, and what apps have been assigned to this user.