VPP Token expired, renewed, Devices not communicating back to JAMF Pro

user-YUUkhTVgWp
New Contributor

Hi,

Recently our VPP token and ASM token expired, I went through and followed the renewal steps and got this all back to working order, the problem I am having now is that devices dont seem to be communicating back to JAMF.

I went through to deploy a free app to a smart group, which on JAMF is showing that the command has sent, but is pending on the device. It even shows that it has taken 2 licenses from the ASM/VPP side of things.

Please help.

Kind regards

3 REPLIES 3

Aguiness
New Contributor III

Hi 

The main thing to check is have you used the same credentials that were used previously, if you used a different APNS  apple id the devices will need wiped and reenrolled.  as far as Vpp the apps already deployed will have a different cert than newer ones

user-YUUkhTVgWp
New Contributor

Hi-ya Aguiness,

Yes, used the same credentials as previously.

Other recommendations? I have a fleet of iPad and I wouldn't like to have to reenroll them all..

MikePh
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

For general communication, the APNs is the only thing that matters. First thing to confirm is can you push an Update Inventory to the device? When was the last time it reported its inventory? Is the APNs expired? If it was renewed recently we can check what topic is reported in Jamf Pro and then go onto he devices in Settings and look at the MDM profile there to confirm that the topics match (if a different certificate was uploaded to Jamf Pro this would cause the devices to not communicate anymore)

Once confirming general communication, is this the only device not receiving the application? Is it just the application or are other things stuck in pending? The VPP Token would be tied only to app deployment so if that's the issue I would assume config profiles and inventory updates would succeed. 

Just wanting to confirm in the management command section of the device it does just say 'Pending' not that it failed or some other error. 

Outside of that, just to confirm general network connection that we aren't on a network with a firewall or anything that could hinder the devices from reaching the Jamf Cloud server.