VPP Token Renewal

lastdanstanding
New Contributor III

I am seeing the 30 day notification indicator "VPP Account...expiring in 30 days" in our JSS. When I go to our Apple VPP portal and click "Download Token" I get a '.vpptoken' file. So far so good.

But when I upload that token to the JSS our VPP expiration date is unchanged, still 30 days away.

I assumed it would be similar to renewing a Push Notification Certificate, and create a new expiration date one year from today, but it doesn't seem to work that way. Maybe I need to wait until the token has actually expired, and then download a new one from Apple? That seems kind of lame.

Does anyone have any experience renewing their VPP token? This is on Casper 9.82.

Thanks,
-Dan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

lastdanstanding
New Contributor III

Thanks @martin but it wasn't the APNS I wanted to renew, but the VPP token.

Turns out I was on the right track by uploading the token to the VPP account in the JSS. I think my failure was due to a lack of clicking the "Save" button.

Nothing to see here...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

martin
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Dan,

You have to renew the APNS token. Go to your JSS and select your "MDM Push Notification Certificate". Click renew and follow the steps.

On the APNS website renew your certificate and upload that one into the JSS.

https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/article.html?id=111
Casper Suite Administrator's Guide page 74

Good luck!

lastdanstanding
New Contributor III

Thanks @martin but it wasn't the APNS I wanted to renew, but the VPP token.

Turns out I was on the right track by uploading the token to the VPP account in the JSS. I think my failure was due to a lack of clicking the "Save" button.

Nothing to see here...

martin
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi @lastdanstanding,

Sorry, I've misread that. VPP token renew is almost the same, just upload the VPP token into the JSS which can be downloaded from the VPP iTunes Store. But you probably already know this.

Martin.