Wacom Driver package won't install through self service

waderobson
New Contributor III

This is super weird. I'm using the vender package from their site and can install the package the normal ways;
installer, double click, etc.

But here's where it gets weird. If I create a policy to install it with a manual trigger it works, but If I set the trigger to self service it fails. Installer log says : "An error occurred while running scripts from the package “Install Wacom Tablet.pkg”

Any Idea's other then don't use self service?

23 REPLIES 23

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Are you certain its not installing, i.e. have you checked to see that the driver isn't there and / or isn't working? I'm wondering if you're seeing a spurious error or false error based on something coming through stdout from the package.
See this FR for why I'm thinking that-
https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/featureRequest.html?id=1180

timsutton
Contributor

I don't know if the Self Service installer explicitly provides any user environment variables, but I used to run into issues installing this due to assumptions in the installer's preflight script: see the 'quitUserSystemPreferences' subroutine.

From my install.log:

May 18 07:32:57 tim-laptop installd[91759]: ./preflight: Global symbol "$USER" requires explicit package name at /Volumes/WacomTablet/Install Wacom Tablet.pkg/Contents/Resources/preflight line 103.

If the USER environment variable isn't present during the installation, Perl is probably trying to interpret the symbol $USER differently, and failing because the script was set to "use strict".

To test this yourself, you can unset the USER variable before running the installation, then try afterwards "export USER=root". I've been deploying this package for some time by explicitly setting the USER environment variable to 'root'. Can't guarantee that this doesn't cause any issues, but it seems it installs most if not all its "user defaults" to the /Library/Preferences dir, rather than that of any specific user. Some user-specific parts of the script seem like they're still there from the Tiger-era and are bypassed.

Also, always nice to find this in a postflight script (which it won't reach anyway, because of the above error in the preflight script):

if( exists $ENV{"USER"} )
    {
        $loginName = $ENV{"USER"};
    }
    else
    {
        # Fallback mechanism. This has been observed to produce intermittently 
        # wrong results, so let's hope we don't need this.
        print "USER not found in environment
";
        $loginName = getlogin();
    }

acdesigntech
Contributor II

i've had so many issues with the intuos installer packages (save for 6.3.3-x+, that seems to work just fine) that I just did a capture with Composer and packaged it as a DMG. You may want to consider going this route as the dmg will be "forced" on to the Mac in a sense. I have not experienced any issues with this method so far, and have been using it for about a year now.

Since we have I1, 2, and 3 tablets here, I had to settle on the 6.2.0-w4 driver, but for some reason it will error out about 50% of the time on 10.8. Unfortunately I still have to maintain a separate driver for designers lucky enough to get an I5, but eh, first world problems.

etippett
Contributor II

I just fought this same issue for several days and finally came across this thread. What timsutton mentions above is the key. Here's how I got it working:

1. Open the DMG from Wacom and upload the "Install Wacom Tablet.pkg" into Casper Admin
  2. Setup a policy to cache the package and then add on the Advanced tab to run the command 'export USER=root; installer -pkg /Library/Application Support/JAMF/Waiting Room/Install Wacom Tablet.pkg -tgt / -verbose'

Happy trails,
Eric

mhatch14
New Contributor

Just an update on this, in case anyone needs this in the future. I tried the above in 9.22 and it din't work. I think it's because Casper Admin zips non-flat packages when you put them into Casper Admin.

So the only I changed to get this working was to change the command to this...

jamf install -package "Wacom_TabletDrivers_6.3.7-3.pkg.zip" -path "/Library/Application Support/JAMF/Waiting Room" -target / -showProgress

I'm not sure why this worked without the 'export USER=root'. Perhaps because the 'command' field says 'This command is executed as the "root" user.' But then does that mean that when you install a package through the normal policy method that it doesn't install the package as root?

All I know is that when I try to install the package through the usual policy method, it failed with the 'Global symbol "$USER" requires...' error.

taugust04
Valued Contributor

I've never had success installing the Wacom Drivers using their own package. I've always used a Composer snapshot to get those drivers installed, and that method has always worked without issue. I've got the newest drivers released in October 2013 deployed using the Composer snapshot method.

sven_eberhard
New Contributor

It´s the first Time to install Wacom Drivers with Casper.
I tried to install the Version 6.38-2 with the original PKG via Policy.
Once directly and once with the jamf install command.
In both ways appears the same Error massage:
"The installer reported: Begin Installation Check theArchictectureType = 7 Supported OS Version detected 10.9End Installation Check installer"
But this Version is compatible with 10.9 and i can install the Driver manually.

Any Ideas?

acdesigntech
Contributor II

you might need to edit the Info.plist inside the package if that's what is controlling the version checking. I haven't looked at that version yet. Is it a flat package?

alanmcseveney
New Contributor

I have the following working method for Wacom Drivers, including 6.38-2.

Download the DMG from Wacom.
Upload the DMG to Casper Admin without changing anything in it.
Use the installPKGfromDMG.sh script from JamfNation https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/downloads/5385f733cffe4dc8be33c23e1dca7f9c

If you are not familiar with this script, you use it in a policy with a "Cache package" action, and have the script run after the package is cached, and feed one argument to the script, the exact name of the DMG.

N.B. I had to change a couple of things about this script to get it to work perfectly.

The script wasn't written to handle packages with spaces in their name, which is a problem for our Install Wacom Driver.pkg. Also even taking that it account, the jamf binary can't install this package without causing an error, whereas Apple's /usr/bin/installer can install it just fine.
So, edit line 192 from:
/usr/sbin/jamf install -path $mountVolume -package $packageName
to
/usr/sbin/installer -pkg "$mountVolume"/"$packageName" -target / -verbose

Also, add on a line 206:
/bin/rm /Library/Application Support/JAMF/Waiting Room/$dmgName*

This is because Line 205 doesn't clean up all the files left behind, like the shadow file, for example.

Works with no errors for me.

sven_eberhard
New Contributor

@ acdesigntech
It´s a non flat package.
i can´t find any Information about System Version requirement.

@ alanmcseveney
I tried the resolution that works for you with the following result:
2014-07-08 14:54:01: Mounting the DMG Wacom-pro638-2.dmg...
2014-07-08 14:54:03: DMG mounted successfully as volume /Volumes/WacomTablet on device /dev/disk2.
2014-07-08 14:54:03: Installing Package Install Wacom Tablet.pkg from mount path /Volumes/WacomTablet...
2014-07-08 14:54:03: There was an error installing the package. Exit Code: 1

acdesigntech
Contributor II

looking through the installationCheck script - i'm not sure that that's an error. this

The installer reported: Begin Installation Check theArchictectureType = 7 Supported OS Version detected 10.9End Installation Check installer"

Is saying that you have a supported architecture and OS, and the install check is ending.

Is the driver actually being installed onto the Mac?

Are you repackaging this driver? You can just drag the .pkg file into casper admin and deploy that way.

EDIT
-----
The installer is already in .pkg format. So you should just need to mount the dmg, then drag the Install Wacom Tablet.pkg file into Casper admin and install that way. If you just drag the downloaded dmg into casper admin it won't be able to install that since it's not a package, metapackage, or Casper dmg installer.

sven_eberhard
New Contributor

@ acdesigntech
Thats what i did first, but the Installation fails with the following Error:
"The installer reported: Begin Installation Check theArchictectureType = 7 Supported OS Version detected 10.9End Installation Check installer"
Then i tried the other described Solutions.
When i install the same Package while the Deployment with Casper Imaging, the Package was installed without any Errors.

acdesigntech
Contributor II

ok, but what I'm asking is does the driver still install, even though you see a failure in self service? If the installer scripts are making assumptions that are "failing", you're going to see a failure reported even if the installer ultimately succeeded. That's been a point of contention with myself and the Casper Suite since I started using it.

This is not a failure message. It's just output from the installer:

I just did the same on my test Mac, and get the following when running from Self Service (in my install.log file):

install:didFailWithError:Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=112 "An error occurred while running scripts from the package “Wacom6.3.8-2.pkg”." UserInfo=0x7fb6fcc4f8a0 {NSFilePath=./postflight, NSURL=file://localhost/Library/Application%20Support/JAMF/Downloads/Wacom6.3.8-2.pkg, PKInstallPackageIdentifier=com.wacom.installwacomtablet, NSLocalizedDescription=An error occurred while running scripts from the package “Wacom6.3.8-2.pkg”.}
Jul 9 10:36:25 CLEML-A03056 installer[6861]: Install failed: The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.

However the driver is installed properly. The error seems to be happening somewhere in the postflight script in the installer .pkg.

this is what Casper reports in it's logs:

Installation failed. The installer reported: Begin Installation Check theArchictectureType = 7 Supported OS Version detected 10.8End Installation Check dyld: DYLD_ environment variables being ignored because main executable (/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/Resources/runner) is setuid or setgid installer: Package name is Wacom Tablet installer: Installing at base path / installer: The install failed (The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.)

It's probably in the way JAMF has coded their binaries and what information SS pays attention to vs other install methods. For example, I tried this via Casper Remote and did not get a failure message, either in the JSS or the install.log file. You should repackage this into a dmg (using a new and modified snapshot from composer) so your users do not a see an erroneous "failure" message.

waderobson
New Contributor III

I though I'd jump in to this and let everyone know what I ended up doing. I was able to get the package to install when I wrapped it into another package. Basically I had it dump the wacom pkg into the /private/tmp folder and had a postinstall script to to kick off the install with installer.

Something like

installer -pkg /private/tmp/Wacom Driver.pkg -target /

Not 100% sure why this worked but it did. And I though I got the idea from someone in this thread but I can't find it now.

alanmcseveney
New Contributor

That would have been me. I used a doctored version of the InstallPKGfromDMG.sh script which calls Apple's installer binary instead of the jamf binary to do the installing, and it works. Still have to set USER=root at the top of that script though.

wmateo
Contributor

@alanmcseveney this worked for me. Thank You.

briend
New Contributor

It does seem to have something to do with the environment. This is how I got it to work, using sudo to reset the env. Our script runs as root so doing sudo -u root does not invoke any password prompt:

sudo -u root bash -c 'installer -verbose -pkg "/Volumes/WacomTablet/Install Wacom Tablet.pkg" -target /'

itupshot
Contributor II

@waderobson Can you list your steps to get this done? For a while it was not possible to use the installer in JSS because it was a .app, but now that it's a .pkg, it seems that it is.

@briend Are you using @waderobson's method of packaging the package first, and then adding command as a postinstall script?

waderobson
New Contributor III

It's been awhile since I've used this or needed to use this but here are some steps.

1. Drag/copy the Wacom package(.pkg) to your /tmp folder on your mac.
  2. Open composer and create a new package, I don't have composer anymore so can't remember which kind of package but I know you don't want a snapshot package.
  3. Drag the Wacom pkg from your /tmp folder to the composer window. This tells composer where you want to deploy the file, in this case, to /tmp.
  4. Now create a postinstall script (right click on the sidebar) and add the following, adjusting for your package name.
    #!/bin/sh
    installer -pkg /private/tmp/<name of wacom package>.pkg -target /

Now you have a really hacky package that places the vendor(Wacom) package in the /tmp folder, and kicks off the install of the package using the cli(installer command).
Don't ask me why it worked for me but it did. Its definitely something to do with the user installing the package.

Hope this helps.

alanmcseveney
New Contributor

I still stand by my method, and use it on many other packages, not just Wacom.

Create a new script, called InstallPKGfromDMG.sh

Here is the script, which is a slightly tweaked version of Nick Amundsen's script. Paste it into the Script tab:

#!/bin/sh -x
####################################################################################################
#
# Copyright (c) 2011, JAMF Software, LLC.  All rights reserved.
#
#       Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
#       modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
#               * Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
#                 notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
#               * Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
#                 notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
#                 documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
#               * Neither the name of the JAMF Software, LLC nor the
#                 names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products
#                 derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
#
#       THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY JAMF SOFTWARE, LLC "AS IS" AND ANY
#       EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED
#       WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE
#       DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL JAMF SOFTWARE, LLC BE LIABLE FOR ANY
#       DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES
#       (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES;
#       LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND
#       ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT
#       (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS
#       SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
#
#####################################################################################################
#
# SUPPORT FOR THIS PROGRAM
#
#       This program is distributed "as is" by JAMF Software, LLC's Resource Kit team. For more
#       information or support for the Resource Kit, please utilize the following resources:
#
#               http://list.jamfsoftware.com/mailman/listinfo/resourcekit
#
#               http://www.jamfsoftware.com/support/resource-kit
#
#       Please reference our SLA for information regarding support of this application:
#
#               http://www.jamfsoftware.com/support/resource-kit-sla
#
#####################################################################################################
#
# ABOUT THIS PROGRAM
#
# NAME
#   installPKGfromDMG.sh -- Install a PKG wrapped inside a DMG
#
# SYNOPSIS
#   sudo installPKGfromDMG.sh
#
# DESCRIPTION
#   This script will mount a DMG and install a PKG file wrapped inside.  The script assumes that
#   the DMG has been previously cached to the machine to:
#
#       /Library/Application Support/JAMF/Waiting Room/
#
#   This is the default location that a package will be cached to when selecting the "Cache"
#   option within a policy or Casper Remote.
#
#   To use this script, please follow the following workflow:
#
#   Step 1: Wrap a PKG inside a DMG
#       1.  Open Disk Utility.
#       2.  Navigate to File > New > Disk Image from Folder.
#       3.  Select the PKG and click the Image button.
#       4.  Name the package after the original PKG.
#       5.  Choose a location for the package and then click Save.
#
#   Step 2: Upload the DMG and installPKGfromDMG.sh script to Casper Admin:
#       1.  Open Casper Admin and authenticate.
#       2.  Drag the DMG you created in the previous procedure to the Package pane in Casper Admin.
#       3.  Drag the installPKGfromDMG.sh script to the Package pane in Casper Admin.
#       4.  Save your changes and quit the application.
#
#   Step 3: Create a policy to install the DMG:
#       1.  Log in to the JSS with a web browser.
#       2.  Click the Management tab.
#       3.  Click the Policies link.
#       4.  Click the Create Policy button.
#       5.  Select the Create policy manually option and click Continue.
#       6.  Configure the options on the General and Scope panes as needed.
#       7.  Click the Packages button, and then click the Add Package link.
#       8.  Across from DMG, choose “Cache” from the Action pop-up menu and then click the 
#           "Add Packages" button.
#       9.  Click the Scripts button, and then click the Add Script link.
#       10. Across from the installPKGfromDMG.sh script, choose “Run After” from the Action pop-up menu.
#       11. Enter the name of the original DMG in the Parameter 4 field.            
#       12. Click Save.
#
####################################################################################################
#
# HISTORY
#
#   Version: 1.0
#
#   - Created by Nick Amundsen on July 22, 2011
#
#
# DEFINE VARIABLES & READ IN PARAMETERS
#
#
# HARDCODED VALUES SET HERE
#
# Variables set by Casper - To manually override, remove the comment for the given variable
# targetDrive=""  # Casper will pass this parameter as "Target Drive" if left commented out
# computerName=""  # Casper will pass this parameter as "Computer Name" if left commented out
# userName=""  # Casper will pass this parameter as "User Name" if left commented out. Usernames
#                  can only be passed if the script is triggered at login, logout, or by Self Service

export USER=root
export SHELL=/bin/sh
export TERM=vt100
export LOGNAME=root

echo "echoing env…"
env

# Variables used for logging
logFile="/private/var/log/installPKGfromDMG.log"

# Variables used by this script.
dmgName=""

# CHECK TO SEE IF A VALUE WERE PASSED IN FOR PARAMETERS AND ASSIGN THEM
if [ "$1" != "" ] && [ "$targetDrive" == "" ]; then
    targetDrive="$1"
fi

if [ "$2" != "" ] && [ "$computerName" == "" ]; then
    computerName="$2"
fi

if [ "$3" != "" ] && [ "$userName" == "" ]; then
    userName="$3"
fi

if [ "$4" != "" ] && [ "$dmgName" == "" ]; then
    dmgName="$4"
fi

if [ "$5" != "" ] && [ "$binary" == "" ]; then
    binary="$5"
fi

# 
# LOGGING FUNCTION
#

log () {
    echo $1
    echo $(date "+%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S: ") $1 >> $logFile  
}

# 
# VARIABLE VERIFICATION FUNCTION
#

verifyVariable () {
eval variableValue=$$1
if [ "$variableValue" != "" ]; then
    echo "Variable "$1" value is set to: $variableValue"
else
    echo "Variable "$1" is blank.  Please assign a value to the variable."
    exit 1
fi
}

# 
# SCRIPT CONTENTS - DO NOT MODIFY BELOW THIS LINE
#

# Verify Variables
verifyVariable dmgName

# Mount the DMG
log "Mounting the DMG $dmgName..."
mountResult=`/usr/bin/hdiutil mount -private -noautoopen -noverify /Library/Application Support/JAMF/Waiting Room/$dmgName -shadow`
mountVolume=`echo "$mountResult" | grep Volumes | awk '{print $3}'`
mountDevice=`echo "$mountResult" | grep disk | head -1 | awk '{print $1}'`

if [ $? == 0 ]; then
    log " DMG mounted successfully as volume $mountVolume on device $mountDevice."
else
    log "There was an error mounting the DMG. Exit Code: $?"
fi

# Find the PKG in the DMG
packageName=`ls $mountVolume | grep "pkg"`

# Install the PKG wrapped inside the DMG
case "$binary" in

installer)  log "Installing Package $packageName from mount path $mountVolume..."
        installer -verbose -pkg "$mountVolume""/""$packageName" -target /
        ;;
jamf)   log "Installing Package $packageName from mount path $mountVolume..."
        /usr/local/bin/jamf install -path $mountVolume -package "$packageName"
    ;;
*)      log "Installing Package $packageName from mount path $mountVolume..."
        /usr/local/bin/jamf install -path $mountVolume -package "$packageName"
    ;;
esac

if [ $? == 0 ]; then
    log " Package successfully installed."
else
    log "There was an error installing the package. Exit Code: $?"
fi

# Unmount the DMG
echo "Unmounting disk $mountDevice..."
hdiutil detach "$mountDevice" -force

# Delete the DMG
/bin/rm /Library/Application Support/JAMF/Waiting Room/$dmgName
/bin/rm /Library/Application Support/JAMF/Waiting Room/$dmgName*

In the Options tab: define Parameter 4 as "DMG Name"; define Parameter 5 as "install binary ( installer or jamf )";

Save it.

Now make a policy, with your choice of trigger or Self Service;
Configure a package: Choose your Wacom Driver DMG, straight from Wacom's website, for e.g. WacomTablet_6.3.15-3.dmg; Set Action to "Cache"; Configure a Script: Choose "InstallPKGfromDMG.sh"; Set DMG name (parameter 4) to the package name, for e.g. WacomTablet_6.3.15-3.dmg; Set install binary ( installer or jamf ) to "installer";

Scope it, and you are done.

alanmcseveney
New Contributor

I just ran this from Self Service, and here is the Log output:

Executing Policy Wacom Driver...
Caching package WacomTablet_6.3.15-3.dmg...
Downloading http://myserver/casper/Packages/WacomTablet_6.3.15-3.dmg...
Verifying DMG...
Running script installPKGfromDMG.sh...
Script exit code: 0
Script result: + export USER=root
+ USER=root
+ export SHELL=/bin/sh
+ SHELL=/bin/sh
+ export TERM=vt100
+ TERM=vt100
+ export LOGNAME=root
+ LOGNAME=root
+ echo 'echoing env…'
echoing env…
+ env
TERM=vt100
SHELL=/bin/sh
TMPDIR=/var/folders/54/s6947yqn0v751_hnv403xr7w000656/T/
Apple_PubSub_Socket_Render=/private/tmp/com.apple.launchd.dwlX3CDSfF/Render
USER=root
SSH_AUTH_SOCK=/private/tmp/com.apple.launchd.NSc9t9yGB0/Listeners
__CF_USER_TEXT_ENCODING=0x0:0:0
PATH=/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/jamf/bin:/usr/local/jamf/bin
PWD=/usr/local/jamf/bin
XPC_FLAGS=0x0
XPC_SERVICE_NAME=0
SHLVL=3
HOME=/Volumes/Data/Users/alan
LOGNAME=root
DISPLAY=/private/tmp/com.apple.launchd.amvwhZ8M7k/org.macosforge.xquartz:0
_=/usr/bin/env
+ logFile=/private/var/log/installPKGfromDMG.log
+ dmgName=
+ '[' / '!=' '' ']'
+ '[' '' == '' ']'
+ targetDrive=/
+ '[' eng-20-ny '!=' '' ']'
+ '[' '' == '' ']'
+ computerName=eng-20-ny
+ '[' alan '!=' '' ']'
+ '[' '' == '' ']'
+ userName=alan
+ '[' WacomTablet_6.3.15-3.dmg '!=' '' ']'
+ '[' '' == '' ']'
+ dmgName=WacomTablet_6.3.15-3.dmg
+ '[' installer '!=' '' ']'
+ '[' '' == '' ']'
+ binary=installer
+ verifyVariable dmgName
+ eval 'variableValue=$dmgName'
++ variableValue=WacomTablet_6.3.15-3.dmg
+ '[' WacomTablet_6.3.15-3.dmg '!=' '' ']'
+ echo 'Variable "dmgName" value is set to: WacomTablet_6.3.15-3.dmg'
Variable "dmgName" value is set to: WacomTablet_6.3.15-3.dmg
+ log 'Mounting the DMG WacomTablet_6.3.15-3.dmg...'
+ echo Mounting the DMG WacomTablet_6.3.15-3.dmg...
Mounting the DMG WacomTablet_6.3.15-3.dmg...
++ date '+%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S: '
+ echo 2016-07-06 17:15:09: Mounting the DMG WacomTablet_6.3.15-3.dmg...
++ /usr/bin/hdiutil mount -private -noautoopen -noverify '/Library/Application Support/JAMF/Waiting Room/WacomTablet_6.3.15-3.dmg' -shadow
+ mountResult='/dev/disk8 GUID_partition_scheme 
/dev/disk8s1 Apple_HFS /Volumes/WacomTablet 1'
++ echo '/dev/disk8 GUID_partition_scheme 
++ grep Volumes
++ awk '{print $3}'
+ mountVolume=/Volumes/WacomTablet
++ echo '/dev/disk8 GUID_partition_scheme 
++ grep disk
++ head -1
++ awk '{print $1}'
+ mountDevice=/dev/disk8
+ '[' 0 == 0 ']'
+ log ' DMG mounted successfully as volume /Volumes/WacomTablet on device /dev/disk8.'
+ echo DMG mounted successfully as volume /Volumes/WacomTablet on device /dev/disk8.
DMG mounted successfully as volume /Volumes/WacomTablet on device /dev/disk8.
+ echo 2016-07-06 17:15:10: DMG mounted successfully as volume /Volumes/WacomTablet on device /dev/disk8.
++ ls /Volumes/WacomTablet
++ grep pkg
+ packageName='Install Wacom Tablet.pkg'
+ case "$binary" in
+ log 'Installing Package Install Wacom Tablet.pkg from mount path /Volumes/WacomTablet...'
+ echo Installing Package Install Wacom Tablet.pkg from mount path /Volumes/WacomTablet...
Installing Package Install Wacom Tablet.pkg from mount path /Volumes/WacomTablet...
+ echo 2016-07-06 17:15:10: Installing Package Install Wacom Tablet.pkg from mount path /Volumes/WacomTablet...
+ installer -verbose -pkg '/Volumes/WacomTablet/Install Wacom Tablet.pkg' -target /
installer: Package name is Wacom Tablet
installer: Upgrading at base path /
installer: Preparing for installation….....
installer: Preparing the disk….....
installer: Preparing Wacom Tablet….....
installer: Waiting for other installations to complete….....
installer: Configuring the installation….....
installer: 
#
installer: Writing files….....
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
installer: Optimizing system for installed software….....
#
installer: Registering updated components….....
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
installer: Running package scripts….....
#
#
#
installer: Writing package receipts….....
installer: Validating packages….....
#
installer: Running installer actions…
installer: 
installer: Finishing the Installation….....
installer: 
#
installer: The software was successfully installed......
installer: The upgrade was successful.
installer: The install requires restarting now.
+ '[' 0 == 0 ']'
+ log ' Package successfully installed.'
+ echo Package successfully installed.
Package successfully installed.
+ echo 2016-07-06 17:15:39: Package successfully installed.
+ echo 'Unmounting disk /dev/disk8...'
Unmounting disk /dev/disk8...
+ hdiutil detach /dev/disk8 -force
"disk8" unmounted.
"disk8" ejected.
+ /bin/rm '/Library/Application Support/JAMF/Waiting Room/WacomTablet_6.3.15-3.dmg'
+ /bin/rm '/Library/Application Support/JAMF/Waiting Room/WacomTablet_6.3.15-3.dmg.cache.xml' '/Library/Application Support/JAMF/Waiting Room/WacomTablet_6.3.15-3.dmg.shadow'

briend
New Contributor

@itupshot no, I did not repackage, just installing with a shell script and the dmg from wacom. In fact I am using altiris for deployment but thought this might help since I found no other mention of this problem on the Internet.

itupshot
Contributor II

@alanmcseveney @waderobson @briend Thanks for the advice.

I tried @alanmcseveney's method and it worked perfectly. I'm glad we can deploy this driver this way now. The previous ".app" installer was a pain.