Webroot SecureAnywhere Install & Register

JKingsnorth
Contributor

I need to install and register Webroot on over 800 devices. I created a DMG using composer, it installs the program but it does not put the keycode in.

I searched JAMF Nation and at one point last year there seems to be an article that was about this but it was removed.

Any help? Anyone else do this?

16 REPLIES 16

JKingsnorth
Contributor

@Björck any insight into this since the article that is missing was yours???

Björck
New Contributor II

@JKingsnorth Here's the script I use. Downloads, installs, registers and deletes dmg. Just paste you serial at KEY=
I got the script from Webroot initially, but have tweaked the wait values a bit to keep it stable.
Cheers!

Björck
New Contributor II
#!/bin/sh
#set -x

#Set Keycode for Clients

KEY=A7E2GSXXXXXXXXXXXX

sleep 2

clear

#Download WSA mac client

cd /tmp; curl -O http://anywhere.webrootcloudav.com/zerol/wsamacsme.dmg

echo Please wait while file is downloaded and mounted

wait 15

#Mount the DMG file

hdiutil attach /tmp/wsamacsme.dmg

#copy app from dmg to applications

ditto /Volumes/Webroot SecureAnywhere /Applications/

wait 10

#run silent install 

sudo "/Applications/Webroot SecureAnywhere.app/Contents/MacOS/Webroot SecureAnywhere" install -keycode=$KEY -silent

wait 30

#Unmount the DMG

diskutil list | grep Webroot SecureAnywhere | diskutil unmount /Volumes/Webroot SecureAnywhere

#Remove the DMG

rm -rf /tmp/wsamacsme.dmg

tgoodpaster
New Contributor II

Script above works easily! Thanks Björck!

One question I did have, even after the install it still requires the users to either deny or accept the web filter extension. Is it possible to run this as a separate policy, hidden from the users? Already had a few users questioning the install and not wanting to do it. (I would rather make this completely blind to the end user and force them to install it)

scottb
Honored Contributor

Good day @Björck - I just got tasked with uninstalling Webroot on Mac clients. I've never used this software and looked online for an uninstall process, but it seems to point to an app of sorts that does this.
Do you happen to know if there's a command line or other method to remove the client from Macs using Jamf Pro?

Thanks in advance,
Scott

MikeBaker
New Contributor

I'm having the web filter extension pop up for users as well, which throws most of them. I'd be interested in knowing if there is a way to prevent this as well.

Bhadzovic
New Contributor

@Björck & @JKingsnorth thanks for the help here as I am also trying to roll out Webroot to a large amount of devices. The one issue I am running into is it needs the sudo command which in turn requires user interaction. Were either of you able to get the app installed and authenticated via serial key without ANY user interaction?

Greatly appreciate any help on this!

Björck
New Contributor II

@MikeBaker actuallly tried to convice Webroot to NOT try to install/activate Webfilter in that rude way. But they haven't listened. I haven't found a way to stop that part from happening.

michael_lusby
New Contributor

Hello. I have created a Webroot script like Bjork's and added it to a new policy. It pushes to the computer, puts it in application folder as well. The Webroot icon is in the dock too. If I click on Webroot in Application folders, I get the following error. "The application Webroot SecureAnywhere" is not open anymore. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Mike

msalvaleon
New Contributor II

Has anyone successfully used this script to install in Catalina? When I tried the Application was installed but the Product Key was not pushed.

mkeri
New Contributor

Try this (it works(tm)):

• New binary and URL (yes please have more domains to download stuff from.. :/ ) for 10.15.x
  • New installation command
  • Yes! The binary filename is in capital letters ...Windows user involved in the process ..
#!/bin/sh

# Should work and has always worked until Catalina..
#cd /tmp; curl -O https://anywhere.webrootcloudav.com/zerol/wsamacsme.dmg

# Temp Catalina solution until Webroot get their shit together (as in have one binary for 10.14.x and 10.15.x)
cd /tmp; curl -O https://mac.webrootmultiplatform.com/production/wsa-mac/10.15/9.1.1.5/WSAMACSME.dmg

wait 15

hdiutil attach -nobrowse /tmp/WSAMACSME.dmg

wait 10

"/Volumes/Webroot SecureAnywhere/Webroot SecureAnywhere.app/Contents/MacOS/Installer" -keycode=XXXXXXXXXXXXX -silent

wait 30

diskutil list | grep Webroot SecureAnywhere | diskutil unmount /Volumes/Webroot SecureAnywhere

rm -rf /tmp/WSAMACSME.dmg

msalvaleon
New Contributor II

@mkeri Thanks for your solution!! The multi platform version looks a little different then the version I pushed on mojave, but hopefully it works all the same.

valentin_peralt
New Contributor III

I am having trouble with this on Catalina.

I had to replace

"/Volumes/Webroot SecureAnywhere/Webroot SecureAnywhere.app/Contents/MacOS/Installer"

with

"/Volumes/Webroot SecureAnywhere/Webroot SecureAnywhere.app/Contents/MacOS/Webroot SecureAnywhere"

Also the

wait
commands are producing errors like

wait: pid 10 is not a child of this shell

valentin_peralt
New Contributor III

Figured it out. My only problem now is allowing full disk access. I created a profile using the PPPC Utility but users are still being prompted to allow full disk access. Not sure why this is happening. Has anybody encountered this problem?

msalvaleon
New Contributor II

@valentin.peralta I ran in to the same issue during the installation process, however if you set the PPPC correctly you'll notice that even if you don't manually allow full disk access, Webroot is still able to scan all the files on the machine. I think the PPPC works but that dialog shows up anyways.

valentin_peralt
New Contributor III

@msalvaleon Thanks. I will keep this in mind.