What's New on Jamf Nation - September & October 2018

Emily_Brown
New Contributor III

Hello Jamf Nation -

Hope you are well! Here is a brief list of the features we’ve implemented on Jamf Nation since my last update in August. Keep the feedback coming in the comments below or come see us at our JNUC booth.

Jamf Nation – New Features and Improvements
- You are now able to ‘follow’ another user and, based on your notification settings, receive updates about their activity. Check out this Feature Request for more info.
- We re-thought and streamlined all the different ways in which you can ‘follow’ content. Please note that “Bookmarks” have become “Follows” in the username drawer. You can now manage what you follow from this single location.
- When creating a Discussion, Feature Requests, or Support Case, the title you enter will now trigger a search. Search results will display on the right-hand side of your screen. We hope these results put the materials you want to reference readily at hand or help answer your question.
- New to Jamf Pro? Checkout our Video Knowledge Base Article series by going to Knowledge Base => Videos and let the magic happen. Pop some popcorn, hit play, and watch KB videos roll as a playlist.
- Jamf Pro checksums will use SHA256 to verify downloads, starting with Jamf Pro version 10.8.

Jamf One – New Features
- Feature Requests! You can now view and vote on Feature Requests within the Community tab of Jamf One.

Thank you!
Emily

7 REPLIES 7

FloridaChris
New Contributor II

When I try to find videos on the Knowledge Base I do not see any videos.

https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/articles/videos 128a90a76d224312a5d65ecbae083d0f

mhasman
Valued Contributor

@Emily.Brown Question, please - I can not update software versions info under "Third-Party Products" no more. Something changed? Does it require special-level access now?

Emily_Brown
New Contributor III

@FloridaChris - If you reload the page, does the issue persist?

Emily_Brown
New Contributor III

@mhasman - You do need to be the "owner" of a Third-Party Product and be logged in to make an edit. I'll reach out via email to work with you directly to track down the issue you're seeing. Thank you!

mhasman
Valued Contributor

Thank you Emily! Seems like some changes happened; previously, I was able to report about 3rd-party products updates without having ownership

FloridaChris
New Contributor II

@Emily.Brown It looks good now! Thank you.

diradmin
Contributor II

>>- When creating a Discussion, Feature Requests, or Support Case, the title you enter will now trigger a search. Search results will display >>on the right-hand side of your screen. We hope these results put the materials you want to reference readily at hand or help answer your >>question.

The "Suggested Content" overlaps the description field when attempting to create a support case, with no obvious method by which it may be dismissed.

Please either allow the dismissal of this content, and/or move to the background behind the description field.4f379ee6e7fe466c901a49c03544d4f3