whats your autopkgr setup?

jstine
Contributor

I'm building out autopkgr for my company this week and cannot find any specifications or recommendations listed for what to run it on. I'm planning on ordering a mac mini and running autopkgr / jssimporter / autopkg, etc. on that, but not sure how resource heavy autopkgr is. Does anyone have any recommendations or care to share what has worked well for you?

6 REPLIES 6

mlavine
Contributor

stevewood
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

@jstine I'm running ours on a MacMini and it has plenty of horsepower for it. I would recommend a large hard drive in the Mini, otherwise it should be fine. AutoPKGr does not eat up a lot of resources

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

Same for us. We use a fairly low spec Mac mini, although normally change the RAM to 8GB. 4GB is rarely enough for Mac OS X.

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

We also double it up as a remote access / jump off point so add Casper Remote and ARD onto it. We switch on VNC so windows based support people (after some training) can log onto it and perform a few basic tasks. Useful if they don't have access to a Mac.

gskibum
Contributor III

I run mime in VMs, although I do have to clean out the cache folder a couple of times a month.

jstine
Contributor

Thank you all!