Where can I find part-time Jamf admin work?

howie_isaacks
Valued Contributor II

For the next year or so, I need to earn some extra money on the side. I am hoping that I can find a company that needs some extra Jamf admin work. Perhaps I could do some of the boring tasks for someone, and free them up to do other things. Where's a good place to look for that? It doesn't seem that the normal job sites are a good place to look. Most companies want a full time employee, and I have no wish to leave my current job. I work for a great company that I don't want to leave. I would appreciate some suggestions. My bosses are totally cool with me doing this as long as it doesn't keep me from my regular job duties.

1 REPLY 1

mark_mahabir
Valued Contributor

What about Craigslist, or contacting some MSPs who might be looking to hire admins on a contract basis? There is also the #jobs-board channel on the MacAdmins Slack.

I haven't yet tried these avenues so YMMV, but I'd also like to throw my hat in the ring for any part-time/contract work that I can do on the side - mainly to widen my skillset and build up my experience. That being said, good luck and do let me know how you go!