Why can't Jamf Pro have an easy way to add Webclips like JamfNow.

andymason
New Contributor III

Why can't Jamf Pro have an easy way to add Webclips like JamfNow. I have tried using iMazing Profile editor to make some, but they never sync down. I used to use JamfNow and it was just an option to choose from for a "blueprint". 

Can you add this to JamfPro? If its there maybe I just am not seeing it.

12 REPLIES 12

mgshepherd
Contributor

Would this work for you or are you trying to do something more complex?

Screen Shot 2022-02-17 at 3.14.47 PM.png

andymason
New Contributor III

Yes that would work for me. I looked in configuration Profiles but don't see a built in option. Feb-17-2022 14-19-02.gif

mgshepherd
Contributor

I think you're looking down the list of config profiles for Computers and not Mobile Devices. Are you trying to get webclips pushed out to laptops/desktops or iOS devices.

andymason
New Contributor III

Yes for Macs. You can do it in JamfNow.

Well I'll be...didn't know that existed in JAMFNow. Seems it would be the other way around with JAMF Pro having something that JAMFNow doesn't. The closet thing I can think of via JAMF Pro would be webclips thru the Self Service portal. blah Definitely not the same thing.

andymason
New Contributor III

Here it is in JamfNow. Super easy to use.Screen Shot 2022-02-17 at 2.31.34 PM.png

andymason
New Contributor III

joshuasee
Contributor III

You might have to sign the config profile before uploading to keep the JSS from modifying it. Make sure its set to user level deployment.

IIRC, I had some luck creating a config profile with a webclip on the Devices side of Jamf Pro, downloading it, deleting it from the JSS, and then uploading it to the Computers side, but its been quite some time since I've tried it.

Fluffy
Contributor III

I've resorted to making an AppleScript to open a URL. Export it as an app, tweak it, and upload it to Jamf. Definitely not ideal for something so simple.

YanW
Contributor III

It's in User Level. Not ideal though, it doesn't show up most of the time for us. So, I created the Web Clip pkg using Automator because it was the easiest and quickest at that time "for us". You can also use AppleScript. Either way, it's better that Jamf Web Clip. 

Screen Shot 2022-02-18 at 8.33.37 AM.png

aarond
Contributor

Just +1'd your feature request and can't believe I was only person to vote for it other than you.

Does nobody else have hundreds of people asking for stupid shortcuts on their Macs?