Wifi and AD Bind

junderwood
New Contributor III

I'm relatively new to JAMF and we didn''t cover any imaging info in my CCT course. Alas, I am tasked with building a new image for 3000+ Macs over the next few weeks. Joy.

I'm building the new image based on 10.10 and I'm having a lot of problems getting the newly imaged Macs to auto join wifi and bind with AD. Any insight would be appreciated.

I'm using the wifi script in the "scripts" section of JN (https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/viewProductFile.html?id=135&fid=749) and I'm setting up AD in the "Directory Bindings" section of JSS. Both of these items are included in the imaging configuration along with the custom (though simple) base OS 10.10 image.

When imaging MBA's with this config, they don't join wifi or bind with AD (even over the tbolt ethernet adapter).

What's the trick? Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

@junderwood Hi there!

For the OS, I'd suggest creating a cleane never booted OS using AutoDMG

I'd do the AD binding via the JSS & I'd connect to the wireless via a Config Profile.

I've blogged my imaging workflow, so I hope the above makes sense once that's been read.

The issue with the binding not happening at imaging is that you're not booted into the Mac at the time. See the post flight policy stuff in the above post.

Hope it helps!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

@junderwood Hi there!

For the OS, I'd suggest creating a cleane never booted OS using AutoDMG

I'd do the AD binding via the JSS & I'd connect to the wireless via a Config Profile.

I've blogged my imaging workflow, so I hope the above makes sense once that's been read.

The issue with the binding not happening at imaging is that you're not booted into the Mac at the time. See the post flight policy stuff in the above post.

Hope it helps!

junderwood
New Contributor III

Thanks @bentoms, we're going to take a look at this today and over the weekend. Will update the thread with more info...

junderwood
New Contributor III

Never updated this discussion, but am marking it solved. We modeled our imaging worklow off the blog posts @bentoms posted. Good stuff.