Windows Distribution Point Java Question...

Lhsachs
Contributor II

I'm in the process of completing Casper installs on Windows Distribution Point VM servers. The present issue I'm facing is when attempting to import the Casper mysql databases on the Hong Kong and Bangalore Vms. I was able to open the JSSDatabaseUtility.jar file on the Berlin server and import the databases. On Hong Kong and Bangalore VMs I receive the following the error:
"The JSS Database Utility needs to be executed with SuperUser Privileges. On Window run the JSS Database Utility as Administrator or with UAC disabled." Any hints on how to get around this problem ?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Lhsachs
Contributor II

The issue was resolved working with my server team. The rights were more secure at those two sites...

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

jarednichols
Honored Contributor

Let's backup a second here... you're installing the database onto each DP?

Lhsachs
Contributor II

I'm not expecting to use the database on each DP - I want to make sure each VM has full functionality. I have a feeling the 'need' to run java a superuser has to do with security at those two sites.

jarednichols
Honored Contributor

Ah okay. I'm guessing your user doesn't have the appropriate rights. What you can do is while holding shift, right-click on the database utility jar file. You should then see an entry for "Run as different user" or something similar. Then log in with those credentials.

The user that runs that will need the ability to setup a scheduled task, which I believe is reserved for users in the local Administrators group.

Lhsachs
Contributor II

Jared,
The VMs were built by our team - I think there are differences in them... I am an admin on each server.. The right click on the JSSDatabaseUtil does not give you the Run as choice - only Open, Open With, Send to....

I think there is a security setting on those sites limiting JAVA..... Waiting to hear back from our VM team...

Lenny

Lhsachs
Contributor II

The issue was resolved working with my server team. The rights were more secure at those two sites...

mkalayaboon
New Contributor II

I just had the same issue, but found it was Java [javaw.exe] that required elevated access (check run as administrator or run as another user). This worked for me and could help someone else down the track.