Wireless Configuration Profile - Aruba

cyphon
New Contributor

The company I work for is using Aruba Networks as a solution provider for WIFI. In the windows world we're using PEAP (EAP-MSCHAP V2) for computer and user authentication see screenshot .

I have been trying to replicate the windows settings on our MACs using a configuration profile; it works, kinda. Using the template below I can see that the computer receives a 802.11 system keychain right away. Unfortunately the wireless connection animation continues to cycle continuously, and will not connect to WIFI until an Ethernet cable is plugged in and a re-connection attempt is made on the WIFI adapter. At that point (with the Ethernet plugged in), it will prompt for a username and password and presents the opportunity to save the keychain (802.11 Login). Once the computer is restarted, wireless seems to work okay, albeit suffers from random disconnects WAY more than windows does. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1"> <dict> <key>PayloadUUID</key> <string>UUIDGOESHERE</string> <key>PayloadType</key> <string>Configuration</string> <key>PayloadOrganization</key> <string>COMPANY</string> <key>PayloadIdentifier</key> <string>PAYLOADIDGOESHERE</string> <key>PayloadDisplayName</key> <string>COMPANY Wireless Policy - Computer</string> <key>PayloadDescription</key> <string>COMPANY wireless policy.</string> <key>PayloadVersion</key> <integer>1</integer> <key>PayloadEnabled</key> <true/> <key>PayloadRemovalDisallowed</key> <true/> <key>PayloadRemovalDisallowed</key> <true/> <key>PayloadContent</key> <array> <dict> <key>PayloadUUID</key> <string>UUIDGOESHERE</string> <key>PayloadType</key> <string>com.apple.wifi.managed</string> <key>PayloadOrganization</key> <string>COMPANY</string> <key>PayloadIdentifier</key> <string>PAYLOADIDGOESHERE</string> <key>PayloadDisplayName</key> <string>WiFi (SSID)</string> <key>PayloadDescription</key> <string/> <key>PayloadVersion</key> <integer>1</integer> <key>PayloadEnabled</key> <true/> <key>HIDDEN_NETWORK</key> <true/> <key>SSID_STR</key> <string>SSID</string> <key>EncryptionType</key> <string>WPA</string> <key>AutoJoin</key> <true/> <key>AuthenticationMethod</key> <string>directory</string> <key>ProxyType</key> <string>Auto</string> <key>ProxyPACURL</key> <string>AUTOCONFIG URL GOES HERE</string> <key>EAPClientConfiguration</key> <dict> <key>OuterIdentity</key> <string>PEAP</string> <key>TTLSInnerAuthentication</key> <string>MSCHAPv2</string> <key>SystemModeCredentialsSource</key> <string>ActiveDirectory</string> <key>OneTimeUserPassword</key> <false/> <key>UserName</key> <string>$COMPUTERNAME</string> <key>UserPassword</key> <string/> <key>AcceptEAPTypes</key> <array> <integer>21</integer> <integer>25</integer> </array> <key>PayloadCertificateAnchorUUID</key> <array> <string>UUID GOES HERE</string> </array> </dict> <key>SetupModes</key> <array> <string>System</string> </array> </dict> <dict> <key>PayloadUUID</key> <string>UUID GOES HERE</string> <key>PayloadType</key> <string>com.apple.security.root</string> <key>PayloadOrganization</key> <string>COMPANY</string> <key>PayloadIdentifier</key> <string>PAYLOADID</string> <key>PayloadDisplayName</key> <string>COMPANY Corporate Root CA</string> <key>PayloadDescription</key> <string/> <key>PayloadVersion</key> <integer>1</integer> <key>PayloadEnabled</key> <true/> <key>PayloadCertificateFileName</key> <string>COMPANY Corporate Root CA.cer</string> <key>PayloadContent</key> <data>CERT DATA GOES HERE
</data> </dict> </array> </dict>
</plist>

2 REPLIES 2

easyedc
Valued Contributor II

Did you get anywhere with this? I've got Aruba APs coming my way very soon.

jeremyonslow
New Contributor

I may be wrong here but the wlan you are using with Aruba (I assume you have a controller too) check its encryption type. I think you may need to look at WPA2 for apple products?