WOW

rderewianko
Valued Contributor II

New JAMFnation!

Looks very minimalist, me likey.

30 REPLIES 30

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Yeah! Me too. We saw the previews of this on the 2014 JNUC threads, so its nice to see this become the new look throughout. Very light and modern. And I love how the tabs up top stay accessible as you scroll down. Nice work JAMF!

emily
Valued Contributor III
Valued Contributor III

HOORAYYYYYYYYY IT'S SO PRETTYYYYYYY

optional image ALT text

Also you can upload images now!

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

I guess I'll get used to it. I don't like change :(

tomt
Valued Contributor

Why does everything "new" use the lightest possible typeface and almost no contrast? Eventually everything will be white type on a white background.

mm2270

@tomt Yes, it is a light typeface, but somehow for me at least, its very readable. I don't know, maybe the spacing of the letters. or, is it a slightly different font face? Its hard to tell, but I don't seem to have trouble reading it, and I need to wear glasses b/c my eyes aren't so young anymore.
Now, the tags in the Feature Request section (like "Implemented", "Under Review" etc.) are another story. They are almost impossible to read! Medium green text on a light green background?? Sorry, but that's got to go. Definitely not enough contrast there.

emily
Valued Contributor III
Valued Contributor III

The user profiles are really pretty too! Though I think they need to fix the fill styling for the user images/avatars.

robby_barnes
New Contributor III

I think it looks awesome

Kennedy
New Contributor II

Looks fine from my end. I'm a fan of the minimalist look, although do find there to be a slight lack of contrast as others have stated.

But... am I the only one thinking there are a few bugs out there that I'd prefer fixed over a revamped Jamf Nation?

Perhaps a different developer team, and perhaps I'm out of line... but still...

emily
Valued Contributor III
Valued Contributor III

Yeah, if it's anything like my company, sites like this are done by Marketing/Visual Design, and the actual product is Product Development.

That being said, is this a sign of things to come for Casper 10? If so, I'm totally into it.

mm2270

So, looks JAMFNation is now using Markdown, right? I see that the text formatting options are in markdown format, like italicize is *sometext* and bold shows up as **sometext** before it gets posted. That's Markdown. Seems consistent now with what the Mac Self Service.app supports. What was it using before, BBCode?

calumhunter
Valued Contributor

Yo Jamfnation ima let you finish139c67ed8d6f4b8fbb10a95bba8ba4b6

but the old mailing list had the best contrast and typeface of all time.

michael_abbott
New Contributor III

@mm2270 Yes, we are now using Markdown! And you are correct - we were using BBCode previously.

@emilykausalik Could you give me some more detail about the styling issue for user avatars you're seeing?

emily
Valued Contributor III
Valued Contributor III

65e3f3e9ebda4383bb31da743483e7f8

It's just stretched out, or squished, to fit the container. I'm guessing it's because the image I'm uploading isn't a square.

spraguga
Contributor

Looks great! However, I agree with @tomt that the typeface is too thin.

alexjdale
Valued Contributor III

Yikes, way too much whitespace and the font is too thin, this is hurting my eyes. It's harsh.

I like the general idea (from a functionality standpoint), but (for me anyway) they went overboard on the minimalism. I prefer readability above fashionability.

damienbarrett
Valued Contributor

+1 for the font being too thin. I know you were, perhaps, trying to mimic Yosemite, but it's harder to read for me (and apparently others). I'm currently looking for a browser plugin that will switch the text to a different font for me.

casper100
New Contributor II

Yes, avatars are squished when displayed in the oval, so I deleted my selfie and went with iRobot instead. -1
Agree that font is too light & thin and too much white space. -2
+1 for Attach Images
+1 for Floating Tab Bar
JN Digest email TOC comes through weirdly now and inline images only show placeholder. I thought it might be OLK2016 at home but back at work on OLK14 it's still messed up since the JN revamp. Not sure if the two are related or coincidental, haven't had chance t-shoot email.

Emmert
Valued Contributor
I'm currently looking for a browser plugin that will switch the text to a different font for me.

You can create custom site-specific stylesheets with Stylish:
Firefox
Chrome

Example config:

@namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);

@-moz-document domain("jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com") {

body {
  font-family: "Courier New";
  font-weight: bold;
}

}

emily
Valued Contributor III
Valued Contributor III

Comic Sans!

michael_abbott
New Contributor III

Thanks everyone for the feedback!

We just pushed out an update that addresses the following issues mentioned in this thread:

• font (better contrast. not comic sans - sorry @emilykausalik)
  • whitespace between posts
  • feature request status badges
  • email digest formatting

mm2270

@michael.abbott - Yes, nice update! I can read the Feature Requests better now :) And the base font looks a little more readable as well. Thanks!

Kennedy
New Contributor II

Heaps better!

spraguga
Contributor

@michael.abbott Sweet! Wow indeed, the light font is way better than thin! What a difference!

Thanks! ;)

damienbarrett
Valued Contributor

Ooh, agreed. Thanks for the update. Much more readable now. Now, can you get Apple to create a way for us to actually manage AppleTVs in Enterprise or Edu? (I've taken to just asking everyone now).

alexjdale
Valued Contributor III

Agreed, much more readable font!

emily
Valued Contributor III
Valued Contributor III

Hooray @michael.abbott for sharing the good news.

Although… user picture is still a bit squished. Or maybe I'm just overly picky about Wonder Woman's presentation…

3d870431d70d4a35ae1b6842c97653c8

tomt
Valued Contributor

Updates look better, thanks @michael.abbott

Chris_Hafner
Valued Contributor II

WARNING... HIJACK! @damienbarrett Apple has completely given up on manual control of AppleTVs. So far as AppleTVs are concerned, the move to 10.10 and iOS 8.x tries to get the damned things off the network whenever possible as opposed to making them easier to control. It's their continuation towards their version of PAN (bluetooth discovery and LOTs of AdHoc wifi network connections.

Back to the topic at hand. OK, it's a little quirky but overall I like the new motif. Besides, change is inevitable. What doesn't change now-a-days dies... except for Cheeseburgers. Cheeseburgers are forever.

casper100
New Contributor II

@michael.abbott Thanks, the digest is looking normal now and JN threads are a bit more readable.
Cheeseburgers are functioning normally.

mm2270

So, I may make a feature request out of this, but I'm finding one annoying aspect of the new site code is when highlighting a URL and clicking the "link" icon in the text editor. I would prefer it myself if instead of creating a text link with the words [my link text] that it actually copied the highlighted URL and used that instead, so for example, if I copy/paste in something like http://www.apple.com, highlight it and click the link button, I'd prefer if it set things up like [http://www.apple.com](http://www.apple.com)
Every time I use this function I need to replace the [my link text] words with something that makes more sense in the context of the discussion.

Its admittedly a minor thing, but, any chance this could be changed in the future?