Xcode 12.5.1 VPP not installing

robertojok
Contributor

Has anyone had issues updating Xcode to version 12.5.1 on Big Sur computers or even just installing either automatically or via Self service? Automatically does not run at all and Self Service simply states -Error

4 REPLIES 4

Tapia
New Contributor II

I notice this with larger applications like Xcode, Final Cut, etc. Typical behavior we see is the app will error in Self Service multiple times. You may notice an app stub (30MB or so) for Xcode appear in /Applications. Eventually, the application will install and appear as the full size. 

With that said, if anyone has any other tips besides trying multiple times and waiting I am all ears. 

It is not working for me at all... no stub at all! Really troublesome... Final Cut works fine

Levi_
New Contributor III

If you look at the device inventory in Jamf Pro and look at the Management Commands for the device, do you see any failed events? I currently have this issue with MS Excel, License not found. Plenty of licenses available looks to be some sort of communication issue.

jzarate
New Contributor II

Same issue. 12.5.1 via self-service appears to time out without any fanfare, but the end result is that Xcode is not installed and no error is given. Subsequent attempts result in a "failed" error.