Yammer/Adobe Air

bazcurtis
New Contributor III

Hi,

I am been tasked with rolling out Yammer to all our Macs which is an Adobe Air application. This means that I need to update all our Air installations. I tried to make a new package with new and updated files, but Yammer will crash everytime I try to log in. Has anyone got any tips for install Adobe Air.

Best wishes

Michael

9 REPLIES 9

Not applicable

Are you packaging them together?
I have separate installs for Air and Yammer… and both are working ok, so far.

I also do not include anything in user directories.

Nick Caro Senior Desktop Support Administrator

Stanford
New Contributor

Tip: use Gabble instead. Third party software, but works well, looks great, and most importantly does not use air.

http://gabbleapp.com

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

How did you package? I tried tweetdeck before & it failed. But will need to package yammer soon.

Regards,

Ben.

Not applicable

I had issues with Tweetdeck in the past as well, so then I elected to bypass snapshot and only drag in the application to composer and all was well.
Did the same with Yammer.

My pkg is just the app itself as it exists at /Applications.

This works for us cause Adobe Air is part of standard builds going out the door.

Nick Caro Senior Desktop Support Administrator

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

Thanks.

Regards,

Ben.

bazcurtis
New Contributor III

Thanks to all those who replied. I tried to do a new and modified snapshot. When I did a drag package of the Yammer app it said it was a corrupt install.

We also role our Air with all out builds, but Yammer complains it is too old.

I have rebuilt a clean machine tonight to do a fresh install tomorrow. Would it be best to use a pkg or a dmg in this type of case? I did look Gabble, but I can see no mention of a corporate usage license and I can't take the risk it won't keep up with the latest Yammy feature. I would certainly prefer a "proper" app over Air. As their is an iOS version it is disappointing the didn't spent the time on a full client.

I have applied to Adobe for the distribution license of Air and I am hoping that will come with a better installer.

Will let you all know how it goes.

Best wishes

Michael

rmanly
Contributor III

You can run AIR installer silently in the background.

I had to do this for some Yearbook plug-in stuff last for one of the
schools. I just deployed "Adobe AIR Installer.app" and did the
following in an AFTER script. Resolved a lot of errors I was getting
with versions etc.

#!/bin/bash

"/Adobe AIR Installer.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe AIR Installer" -silent
-eulaAccepted

rm -rf "/Adobe AIR Installer.app"

Ryan M. Manly
Glenbrook High Schools

bazcurtis
New Contributor III

Hi,

Thanks to Ryan's way of installing Air I now have a fully working version of Yammer. Yammer was just a drag package in composer as a .pkg. The script below worked great for install Air.

Thanks to all those who emailed back.

Best wishes

Michael

cbrewer
Valued Contributor II

This method seems to only work if a user is logged in.

When the computer is at a login window the command says that it has FAILED to establish a connection to the WindowServer.