Zoom Screensharing Failing with PPPC Settings

adefallo
New Contributor II

I’m at a loss here. I’ve been suddenly fighting Zoom screen sharing being completely “blocked” with my JAMF Pro setup on all new computers. All machines are running 12.4, Zoom 5.11, and I have a PPPC payload deployed on some that allows non-admins to allow screenrecording and the other half does not have this. 
No matter which configuration I use, even when I allow full disk access and screen recording, Zoom still tells me to open my Security & Privacy to whitelist the app to screen record. I have tried both the IT installer PKG and the regular PKG to no success. 

Does anyone have advice on what I need to check for?? I’m at a total loss right now. 
Thanks in advance!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dlondon
Valued Contributor

Here's my configuration that allows this on Monterey and Zoom 5.11.  I know it says Big Sur in the name but it definitely is working on Monterey

Screen Shot 2022-06-28 at 9.28.31 am.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-28 at 9.28.45 am.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

PaulHazelden
Valued Contributor

Try remaking the PPPC payload using the setup on one that fails.
I had similar with Chrome, they updated the app and changed something slightly, so the old PPPC payload was no longer valid, even though it looked like it was. Once I built a new one, it was all back working.

Just tried this and still unfortunately have the issues. For some reason, even with (or without) the PPPC payload, it still denies the entire "screensharing" method. I have manually selected everything without that profile, but still says that I need to allow the screenshare. Is this something that could be blocked somewhere else on another policy? What should I look for in particular? 

dlondon
Valued Contributor

Here's my configuration that allows this on Monterey and Zoom 5.11.  I know it says Big Sur in the name but it definitely is working on Monterey

Screen Shot 2022-06-28 at 9.28.31 am.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-28 at 9.28.45 am.png

adefallo
New Contributor II

Thanks, I tried this and still have no luck on it :(

Going to try opening a ticket with Zoom, because every other application is working for screen sharing

adefallo
New Contributor II

Okay; I FINALLY think I figured it out. Somehow a bad "certificate" token was within the policy. I used the JAMF PPPC Utility to grab all the proper information and was able to do all the whitelisting necessary this time around.

NOTE: If you already have it "whitelisted" on the machine, you will need to remove it from Screen Recording and let it regenerate.

jchen1225
New Contributor III

Hi adefallo, what kind of bad certificate is it and how did you find out? Thanks.