Computers not connected in over a month in Jamf Protect

DAMc
New Contributor III

Of 19 computers in Jamf Protect, 3 are showing as not connected in over a month even though they have the latest Threat Version and Protect Version. Jamf Pro shows them recently signed in and I can see that some have updated to Sonoma in the last few days so they must have restarted. Any ideas on why this might be happening and how I can fix it would be appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5

bfrench
Contributor III

I have also noticed this again of late.  So far my usual method of having to uninstall and remove from the config and add all back is not working.  Will be opening a ticket...

DAMc
New Contributor III

I have been searching but have not had time to try any of the recommendations I have found in links like https://community.jamf.com/t5/jamf-pro/macs-not-checking-in-jamf-pro/td-p/287005 If your ticket does end in a resolution please post the fix, thanks

bfrench
Contributor III

Mine have finally checked in  again  - I had another issue that was also happening due to the change in the inbound/outbound changes made recently.  

My usual fix  the last time this happened:

Repush Install Protect app - via a Profile

If that does not work

Exclude from configuration

Uninstall the app from Policies - download the Uninstall and deploy that with a Policy

Remove from Protect

Include back in the Configuration

If it does not appear back in Protect - repush the app again in Policies - will need to flush the log to have it push again.  It does seem to take longer now for the device to reappear in Protect than previous times I've had this happen.

DAMc
New Contributor III

I will give that a shot, thanks

DAMc
New Contributor III

I never did get a chance to try any of the fixes but today all the machines are showing as connected. I had watched three of the users restart and sign in but still showed as not connected in a month. Wondering if there was a Jamf update in the background that fixed it