Apple School Manager - header error

serena
New Contributor II

Hi all,

We are trying to upload .csv files into Apple School Manager, and we keep getting this error:

[OK] unzipped file: classes.csv.
[OK] unzipped file: courses.csv.
[OK] unzipped file: locations.csv.
[OK] unzipped file: rosters.csv.
[OK] unzipped file: staff.csv.
[OK] unzipped file: students.csv.
[ERROR] rosters.csv: CSV file is missing some headers, or the headers are not correctly formatted.

Does anyone have an example of what a correct rosters.CSV file should look like so I can compare with mine?  My headers are in all caps ... would this make a difference?

Thanks for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

serena
New Contributor II

Thank you again.  So appreciated. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

mainelysteve
Valued Contributor II

The rosters file should have: roster_id, class_id and student_id for the headers. I'd say the text case of the column headers matters considering how sensitive this system is to relatively minor things.

There are templates fyi if you goto your ASM dashboard > Settings > Data Source > Edit SFTP.

serena
New Contributor II

Thank you.  Do you know if ASM is sensitive on how to name the file (i.e. no hyphens)?

mainelysteve
Valued Contributor II

Very much so. Keep the names of the individual files the same. No naming policy on the zip file, but I wouldn't chance it and keep it text only with no special characters.

serena
New Contributor II

Thank you again.  So appreciated. 

martinfredsja
New Contributor

Hello, I have the same type of problem with the import students.csv
[ERROR] classes.csv: CSV file is missing some headers, or the headers are not correctly formatted.

However, I've updated by rewriting the files from the templates provided in Apple School Manager. Could you help?

asm files