Auto Lock iPads in Certain Smart Group

nick1
New Contributor

Hi All,

Does anyone know if it is possible to lock iPads which are in a certain group?

We have a 'No Owner' smart group and we would like to be able to lock iPads inside this group to prevent use. I've searched through the various profile settings and nothing is jumping out at me sadly...

Cheers

7 REPLIES 7

sudoBrandon
New Contributor II

You can manually lock them.  

1. Open the group and select View from the bottom to see the members of the group
  2. Select Action at the bottom
  3. Select Send Remove Command
  4. On the next screen select Lock Device and Next

nick1
New Contributor

Thanks for the response. I don't think it will help us though unfortunately. We have lots of iPads spread across lots of academies with lots of students coming and going. It would help us massively if it didn't require any manual intervention from us.

Out of interest though, I took a look at your suggestion and cannot see 'Action' at the bottom of the group...

Cheers
Nick

sudoBrandon
New Contributor II

First, you need to open the group and then select View.  On the next screen, you will have Export and Action buttons at the bottom.

sudoBrandon
New Contributor II

Otherwise, you need to construct a script and deploy it via Policy using that group as the Scope.

This sounds promising. I haven't dabbled with scripts inside Jamf yet. Could you point me in the right direction please?

nick1
New Contributor

... from the navigational pane on the left hand side, I have expanded 'Devices' and then selected 'Device Groups'.

I then see a list of our groups. If I open a group I have the following options on the left hand side: 'Group Details', 'Members', 'Apps', 'Documents' and 'Profiles'.

There isn't a 'View' option that I can see at any stage.. and no 'Export' or 'Action' button at the bottom of any screen,

I must be in an entirely different area somehow...

mh-jena
Contributor

I think sudoBrandon is talking about Jamf Pro, not Jamf School.