Devices stopped checking in

ms-jam
New Contributor II

Hi,

in our environment all of the devices stopped checking in into Jamf. 

What did we do since the last check-in?

There were three issues, which we think we have fixed:

Resolved The .. @... service token expired 23 days ago.
Resolved The ASM token of '...@...' expired 23 days ago
Resolved The APNs certificate of 'appleCert@...' expired 23 days ago.

How do we get the devices back into Jamf without reinstalling/resetting the devices? Any hints?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ms-jam
New Contributor II

Solution: Apple Push Notification Service didn't work for some reason. I have double and triple checked (my screen gets screenshot every few seconds) - Initially everything was okay when I renewed the APN Service certificates.

Anyway, the APN service had a exclamation mark, without any further error message (as you can see in the screenshot). So I renewed the certificates again and everything worked fine again.

msjam_0-1650490626959.png

Glad I didn't had to reset and enroll all the devices - I started it with 3 devices and got sick of it immediately ;) 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

merps
Contributor III

It sounds like the certs were replaced, rather than being renewed.

What are you seeing in the server logs? What happens when you run jamf policy/recon/manage?

Fluffy
Contributor III

Jamf School does not have JSS. So, no jamf commands.

ms-jam
New Contributor II

Double checked, and I renewed the certificates.

ms-jam
New Contributor II

Solution: Apple Push Notification Service didn't work for some reason. I have double and triple checked (my screen gets screenshot every few seconds) - Initially everything was okay when I renewed the APN Service certificates.

Anyway, the APN service had a exclamation mark, without any further error message (as you can see in the screenshot). So I renewed the certificates again and everything worked fine again.

msjam_0-1650490626959.png

Glad I didn't had to reset and enroll all the devices - I started it with 3 devices and got sick of it immediately ;)